Microsoft to axe nvidia from x-box 2

nexus_alpha

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/22020204.htm" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/22020204.htm</A> heheheheheheheh.

Poor Nvidia see what happens when you piss off microsoft (see my pervoius posts on that info). I hope Ati gets the deal but if via gets sweet either way. Nvidia makes excellent products but I detest their PR and their marketing schemes and the high prices for their cards. Makes my skin crawl and I thought microsoft was bad but they take the cake.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Poor Nvidia see what happens when you piss off microsoft (see my pervoius posts on that info). I hope Ati gets the deal but if via gets sweet either way. Nvidia makes excellent products but I detest their PR and their marketing schemes and the high prices for their cards. Makes my skin crawl and I thought microsoft was bad but they take the cake.
That's a bit biased. nVidia doesn't have prices too high except for their flagship product, but all companies do the same. Sure, the GF4MX isn't even a GF2.5 but the Ti is an honourable release from the #1 graphics chip company for gamers. Microsoft isn't bad either in this respect.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

eden

Champion
I am sure this is still rumor.
I doubt MS would dump the best supplier for the technology MS needs. And besides why would they talk about XBOX 2, if it's barely a year since the Xbox is out? I know this is just BS.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I believe if im right that ATi is working on the next console for nintendo. Image ATi wont make the Xbox-2 chip MS know there working on Nintendo Nex-Gen chip.

THGC, saving 1 pc user from buying a GeForce4 MX at a time.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Man! are you taking english lessons from juin or what?

It might have some substance to it. Sony have pushed the PS3 development forward, so the others might do the same. Also, nVidia do charge quite a bit. They're the only ones who have already made quite a bit from the xbox and are still gonna get a cut from each sale.

Besides, nVidia and has been on microsofts back for a while. Ever since the DX8.1 episode nVidia have been a tad upset. Microsoft didn't like the fact that nVidia were pushing the DirectX featureset rather than themselves. They left nVidia out of a couple of developer meetings.

The main reason why ATI won't get the MS deal is because they are working with Nintendo. I am pretty sure nintendo will have an exclusivity contract for console use of those chips, and Microsoft won't want to have a "copy" of what a competitor already has. So that leaves us with VIA. Good on them. The more (players in the industry) the merrier.

<font color=red><i>I refugee from Guatanamo Bay,
dance around the border like I'm Cassius Clay
</i></font color=red>

eden

Champion
Yeah man RCF really is acting weirdly when writing recently!

Although I am wondering, could that bring VIA to the world of graphics? A 3rd Contender finally??? The next 3dFX?

--

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
VIA bought out s3 graphics a while back. Via could fully be able to produce the Next Xbox chip.

THGC, saving 1 pc user from buying a GeForce4 MX at a time.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
ATI can't though because then they'd have a monopoly on the gaming console business.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

eden

Champion
I meant if ATI would go for Console gaming, they might give up on making video cards and focus on it.

--

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I understand what your getting at but, ATI is comfortable in their position as the #2 gaming card right now. Not to mention the fact that in the mobile area they own the larger portion of the market share. If they developed for two different consoles it would only boost their funds for better cards and more products. How do you think Nvidia got money for the R&D for the Nfarce chipset? Had not Microsoft bankrolled Nvidia for the development of the Xbox, there would wouldn't even be a Nfarce motherboard.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.