where to find Express Service Code ?

I am considering buying a used notebook on ebay. The notebook has a
remaining warranty. In order to transfer the warranty from the current
owner to me I either need the current owners information or both the
Service Tag and Express Service Code. A third party is selling the
computer so I think it will be difficult to get the current owner's
warranty info. The sticker with the Service Tag and Express Service
Code has been removed from the bottom of the computer. I found the
Service Tag in the BIOS screen. But I can't find the Express Service
Code.

The Dell Accessories is not loaded on this computer. Could I download
and intall that application to get the express service code?

Any other way to get the express service code?

Is there another way to transfer the warranty without needing the
express service code?

Daniel

In article <1120597555.802134.17860@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
dgrnyc@yahoo.com says...

> I am considering buying a used notebook on ebay. The notebook has a
> remaining warranty. In order to transfer the warranty from the current
> owner to me I either need the current owners information or both the
> Service Tag and Express Service Code. A third party is selling the
> computer so I think it will be difficult to get the current owner's
> warranty info.

Not necessarily. I bought my current laptop (a Latitude C640) the
same way. Turns out the seller had registered the system with his name
and address, so I simply waited until I received it and then used the
return address info to transfer the warranty. It went off without a
hitch.

> The sticker with the Service Tag and Express Service
> Code has been removed from the bottom of the computer. I found the
> Service Tag in the BIOS screen. But I can't find the Express Service
> Code.

The service tag, along with the original seller's info, should be
all you need.

> The Dell Accessories is not loaded on this computer. Could I download
> and intall that application to get the express service code?

Don't know. Never used the package. I'm not sure the ESC is
encoded anywhere in the system.

> Any other way to get the express service code?

I'm still not sure you need it.

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"