Cannot decrypt some files from

Hello,

I encrypted a bunch of my files and folders in My Documents on old of my
machines (which is now waiting to be reinstalled). I've plugged the hard
drive with these files on into my other machine, but now I cannot decrypt
the files or folders and cannot change or delete them. I've played around
with Security settings for the files and folders but some of them are not
decrypting as access has been denied.

Is there a way to fix this?

Kol

"Kolin Tregaskes" <kolngNOSPAMPLEASE@tregaskes.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I encrypted a bunch of my files and folders in My Documents on old of my
> machines (which is now waiting to be reinstalled). I've plugged the hard
> drive with these files on into my other machine, but now I cannot decrypt
> the files or folders and cannot change or delete them. I've played around
> with Security settings for the files and folders but some of them are not
> decrypting as access has been denied.
>
> Is there a way to fix this?

Start -> Help and Support, search on "EFS".

If you didn't export the EFS certificate from the host on which you
generated that certificate to encrypt the files (so you can import it into
another instance or fresh install of Windows 2000/XP), you won't be able to
ever read their contents again.

E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.