Radeon 8500 problems..a last question

G

I was wondering if my power supply could be the problem..For those of you who dont remember, I bought a Radeon 8500, and I tried about everything to make it work but it always crashes after a little while upon entering games...But otherwise the computer detects no conflict whatsoever..and seems normal when seen from any application or the desktop. Could the power supply be my problem? I believe that can especially be the case when using AMD Athlon XP 1.46ghz(1700+).. I have 2 cd-drivers(dvd and cd-rw) a hard-disk..2 network cards..1 radeon 8500..a dxr3 dvd decoder card..and a creative labs soundcard.. This running on a standard 300w power supply.

G.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Try removing that DVD decoder card. The Radeon 8500 provides superior decoding capabilities.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The PSU could be the problem, as that's a lot of hardware in there (btw, any case fans? they drain power too). However, AMD man does have a point too. Remove the Decoder card, as the 8500 is great for DVD playback, and you won't get any driver or hardware conflicts.

This is a non-smoking forum.
If your computer is smoking, please extinguish it immediately.