Help and Support

Well I reinstalled XP SP2 then after working for awhile i noticed my sound
was not functioning. The icon was not showing up on the toolbar currently
running programs( which it usually does ). Then went into ADD\Romove programs
to uninstall.
I recieved an error " The RPC server is unavailable ". I then saw that sound
devices in Properties said it was not working properly, well after everything
I thought a SYSTEM REPAIR would work that didn't work eighter. Then i saw in
MSCONFIG there was one Service that was unchecked DCOM server process, this
service would stay that way evertime i restarted.
So I then reinstalled the sound software from a CD. In installation the
error code 110, RPC "server unavailable or has been currupted". could anyone
help?
1 answer Last reply
More about help support

    Start the RPC Service
    1. Click Start, Run

    Type in: services.msc

    2. Double-click Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
    3. In the Startup type dialog box, click Automatic, click OK, and then restart your
    computer.
    NOTE: If the RPC Service is disabled, you may need to use the Recovery Console.

    In Recovery Console, run Enable RPCSS Service_Auto_Start, and then restart your
    computer.

    "chickenbone" <chickenbone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Well I reinstalled XP SP2 then after working for awhile i noticed my sound
    > was not functioning. The icon was not showing up on the toolbar currently
    > running programs( which it usually does ). Then went into ADD\Romove programs
    > to uninstall.
    > I recieved an error " The RPC server is unavailable ". I then saw that sound
    > devices in Properties said it was not working properly, well after everything
    > I thought a SYSTEM REPAIR would work that didn't work eighter. Then i saw in
    > MSCONFIG there was one Service that was unchecked DCOM server process, this
    > service would stay that way evertime i restarted.
    > So I then reinstalled the sound software from a CD. In installation the
    > error code 110, RPC "server unavailable or has been currupted". could anyone
    > help?

Support Servers Windows XP