Lately my keyboard has been intermittent with a few keys not registering when
I press them. I have restarted my computer, defragmented the computer and I
have even cleaned up my disk drive in hopes of eliminating the error, while
in the past the keys may sometimes work, the problem has become permanent
with said keys ceasing to work. Please let me know if you can give me any
help with my Dell Inspiron Notebook Keyboard intermintance problem.

Well, in case you don't get around to fixing the keyboard, and your getting
paranoid as to when it might fail, goto START>RUN (type) OSK ... a virtual
(operating system keyboard) will pop up. It's in windows/system32 folder.
I even have a shortcut for it on my desk. Paranoia is all around us! Get a
USB optical mouse for that notebook too. :)

" The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting a different result each time"
- Albert Einstein

"Kris Orlowski" <Kris Orlowski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Lately my keyboard has been intermittent with a few keys not registering
> when
> I press them. I have restarted my computer, defragmented the computer and
> have even cleaned up my disk drive in hopes of eliminating the error,
> while
> in the past the keys may sometimes work, the problem has become permanent
> with said keys ceasing to work. Please let me know if you can give me any
> help with my Dell Inspiron Notebook Keyboard intermintance problem.

What specific keys are the problem?

What you most likely have is a hardware issue with the keyboard itself. If
the unit is still under warranty, contact Dell support ASAP. If it's out of
warranty, you may have to replace the keyboard assembly yourself, or pay to
have it done. There are some good instructions on the procedure to be found
on the 'net.

Val
--
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's