nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HELP Please before I cry
I was repartitioning my slave drive g from 120 to 130 gigs and reformatted
other parition of slave f leaving main c alone. MY computer crashed while
moving data and when it came back up I get error 1507 bad file record
signature and cant use chkdsk or partitionmagic again since i cant access
drive and properties show it listed as raw o data and corrupted or damaged. I
tried rescue disks but dint fix it and system restore on whole computer didnt
work and chkdsk doesnt even see the g drive HELP PLEASE i used partitionmagic
and all they say is chkdsk solves it but not when u cant access the drive HELP

In article <826362CC-E846-4C16-B9C6-6595B9693EDF@microsoft.com>,
nick@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> HELP Please before I cry
> I was repartitioning my slave drive g from 120 to 130 gigs and reformatted
> other parition of slave f leaving main c alone. MY computer crashed while
> moving data and when it came back up I get error 1507 bad file record
> signature and cant use chkdsk or partitionmagic again since i cant access
> drive and properties show it listed as raw o data and corrupted or damaged. I
> tried rescue disks but dint fix it and system restore on whole computer didnt
> work and chkdsk doesnt even see the g drive HELP PLEASE i used partitionmagic
> and all they say is chkdsk solves it but not when u cant access the drive HELP

Do a repair/reinstall and see if that lets you run Windows - a repair
reinstall won't wipe everything, but make sure that you do it properly.
Google for the instructions.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

what do u mean a repair install its not on my main hd its on the slave drive
no operating system on that drive just a slave

In article <1DAA2010-F90C-4D29-A36C-91C794FAFCE0@microsoft.com>,
nick@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> what do u mean a repair install its not on my main hd its on the slave drive
> no operating system on that drive just a slave

I thought you were saying that you could not run your disk utilities -
and I must have incorrectly assumed that you were unable to do so due to
a problems with the OS.

If you were using a utility to change the size of a partition without
having a valid backup first, then chances are that you've lost that
partition. At this point, your choice may be to use the Windows Disk
Manager to delete the partition and then create a new one - which will
also erase any chance of recovering any data.