Start menu, taskbar, and desktop icons do not startup

Hi,

Can anyone help? I ran Spybot and deleted all identified problems. Now
when I reboot, and anytime I startup, I get to blank wallpaper with nothing
else. I can run task manager to get to all apps OK, but this is not very
useful.

I tried running from a previous known good state, but nothing changed. I
also tried starting up in safe mode, but only get a black screen.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give...
--
Thanks!
4 answers Last reply

    In task mgr,new task,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the utility
    starts,install xp cd,exit the info page.When its thru type:CHKDSK C: /F
    Agree
    to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.

    "chaser" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone help? I ran Spybot and deleted all identified problems. Now
    > when I reboot, and anytime I startup, I get to blank wallpaper with nothing
    > else. I can run task manager to get to all apps OK, but this is not very
    > useful.
    >
    > I tried running from a previous known good state, but nothing changed. I
    > also tried starting up in safe mode, but only get a black screen.
    >
    > I'd appreciate any advice you can give...
    > --
    > Thanks!

    Andrew,

    Thansk for the suggestion. I found a simpler soltuion by further searching
    this ng. Here is the message that gave several good suggestions, fyi.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?&query=no+desktop+icons&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support&p=1&tid=cffaafe0-60d1-45e6-a760-4c89c471ebd1&mid=a4bff896-c1e9-4443-b46f-03e347302295

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318027
    Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows

    and/or

    Line 117 – Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    or Line #195 "Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar"

    Thanks!

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > In task mgr,new task,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the utility
    > starts,install xp cd,exit the info page.When its thru type:CHKDSK C: /F
    > Agree
    > to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.
    >
    > "chaser" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Can anyone help? I ran Spybot and deleted all identified problems. Now
    > > when I reboot, and anytime I startup, I get to blank wallpaper with nothing
    > > else. I can run task manager to get to all apps OK, but this is not very
    > > useful.
    > >
    > > I tried running from a previous known good state, but nothing changed. I
    > > also tried starting up in safe mode, but only get a black screen.
    > >
    > > I'd appreciate any advice you can give...
    > > --
    > > Thanks!
  3. hi..... i am krishna teja frm india i have a solution for this problem,som times my laptap screen will become blank so that i cannot open anything i use task manager to open,but download utorrent & install then download any file (like any movie r softwear u r wish) r folder.after that give a right click & open caintaining folder then u'll get every thing on desk top,BUT DONT FORGOT THIS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION,this is for TEMPORARY
  4. krishna.teja20008@gmail.com send me a mail

Start Menu Desktop Icons Windows XP