Start menu, taskbar, and desktop icons do not startup

September 7, 2005 2:31:02 AM

Hi,

Can anyone help? I ran Spybot and deleted all identified problems. Now
when I reboot, and anytime I startup, I get to blank wallpaper with nothing
else. I can run task manager to get to all apps OK, but this is not very
useful.

I tried running from a previous known good state, but nothing changed. I
also tried starting up in safe mode, but only get a black screen.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give...
--
Thanks!
Anonymous

In task mgr,new task,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the utility
starts,install xp cd,exit the info page.When its thru type:CHKDSK C: /F
Agree
to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.

"chaser" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help? I ran Spybot and deleted all identified problems. Now
> when I reboot, and anytime I startup, I get to blank wallpaper with nothing
> else. I can run task manager to get to all apps OK, but this is not very
> useful.
>
> I tried running from a previous known good state, but nothing changed. I
> also tried starting up in safe mode, but only get a black screen.
>
> I'd appreciate any advice you can give...
> --
> Thanks!
September 8, 2005 2:04:03 PM

Andrew,

Thansk for the suggestion. I found a simpler soltuion by further searching
this ng. Here is the message that gave several good suggestions, fyi.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318027
Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows

and/or

Line 117 – Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

or Line #195 "Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar"

Thanks!

"Andrew E." wrote:

> In task mgr,new task,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the utility
> starts,install xp cd,exit the info page.When its thru type:CHKDSK C: /F
> Agree
> to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.
>
> "chaser" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone help? I ran Spybot and deleted all identified problems. Now
> > when I reboot, and anytime I startup, I get to blank wallpaper with nothing
> > else. I can run task manager to get to all apps OK, but this is not very
> > useful.
> >
> > I tried running from a previous known good state, but nothing changed. I
> > also tried starting up in safe mode, but only get a black screen.
> >
> > I'd appreciate any advice you can give...
> > --
> > Thanks!
Related resources
December 12, 2009 6:29:00 PM

hi..... i am krishna teja frm india i have a solution for this problem,som times my laptap screen will become blank so that i cannot open anything i use task manager to open,but download utorrent & install then download any file (like any movie r softwear u r wish) r folder.after that give a right click & open caintaining folder then u'll get every thing on desk top,BUT DONT FORGOT THIS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION,this is for TEMPORARY
December 12, 2009 6:32:00 PM

krishna.teja20008@gmail.com send me a mail
!