Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't install windows 7 64-bit.

Last response: in Windows 7
July 24, 2010 2:21:00 AM

Okay, for about a week now I've been trying to install Windows 7 64-bit onto my hard drive without success..

I was originally trying to preform a clean install from Vista Home Premium 32-bit, however anytime I tried to boot the install from the disc I'd receive an error message "0xc0000225"

I figured okay, maybe vista is causing yet another problem, I proceeded to wipe the Hard drive clean & try to install that way.. I received the same error, so I popped the 32-bit install disc in & restarted the computer. The installation started this time, so I let it complete to get to my OS to Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit.

Afterwords I put the 64bit disc back into the disc drive & restarted the computer only to receive error "0xc0000225" all over again. I'm not sure why this is happening because I've been building my computer based around 64-bit compatible components. The only 2 components which I pulled from my old machine was the "Cd-drive" & "Hard drive" could one of these be causing this issue? Why am I getting this error message despite having a clearly 64-bit compatible system?

My Specs
Mobo: Evga Nvidia 750i Sli
CPU: Intel core 2 duo e8200 @2.88ghz
GPU: Pny Geforce GTS250 1gb
Ram: 4gb DDR2 800mhz

More about : install windows bit

a b $ Windows 7
July 24, 2010 2:59:56 AM

Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Power Management Setup.

In the Power Management Setup menu check that the ACPI function option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.
m
l
July 24, 2010 3:48:38 AM

ko888 said:
Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Power Management Setup.

In the Power Management Setup menu check that the ACPI function option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.

It seems that it was already enabled.. below it was another line which said ACPI Suspend Type (S1 & S3) do I need to do anything with this?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 24, 2010 4:00:46 AM

Also check the following:

Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Advanced BIOS Features.

In the Advanced BIOS Features menu check that the APIC Mode option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.
July 24, 2010 4:07:42 AM

Best answer selected by malkuno.
m
l
July 24, 2010 4:10:06 AM

ko888 said:
Also check the following:

Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Advanced BIOS Features.

In the Advanced BIOS Features menu check that the APIC Mode option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.

Thanks alot, It's installing now.. XD
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 24, 2010 4:12:09 AM

You're welcome, glad I could help.
m
l
April 12, 2012 11:01:05 AM

Hello, I have tried all of the above and I still have the same problem.
I inserted the Win7 installation disc and also tried the recovery disc.

It won't read any cds. I even tried WinXP but with no luck.

Help?
m
l
!