Solved

Can't install windows 7 64-bit.

Okay, for about a week now I've been trying to install Windows 7 64-bit onto my hard drive without success..

I was originally trying to preform a clean install from Vista Home Premium 32-bit, however anytime I tried to boot the install from the disc I'd receive an error message "0xc0000225"

I figured okay, maybe vista is causing yet another problem, I proceeded to wipe the Hard drive clean & try to install that way.. I received the same error, so I popped the 32-bit install disc in & restarted the computer. The installation started this time, so I let it complete to get to my OS to Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit.

Afterwords I put the 64bit disc back into the disc drive & restarted the computer only to receive error "0xc0000225" all over again. I'm not sure why this is happening because I've been building my computer based around 64-bit compatible components. The only 2 components which I pulled from my old machine was the "Cd-drive" & "Hard drive" could one of these be causing this issue? Why am I getting this error message despite having a clearly 64-bit compatible system?

My Specs
Mobo: Evga Nvidia 750i Sli
CPU: Intel core 2 duo e8200 @2.88ghz
GPU: Pny Geforce GTS250 1gb
Ram: 4gb DDR2 800mhz
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about install windows
  1. Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Power Management Setup.

In the Power Management Setup menu check that the ACPI function option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.
  2. ko888 said:
    Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Power Management Setup.

In the Power Management Setup menu check that the ACPI function option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.

It seems that it was already enabled.. below it was another line which said ACPI Suspend Type (S1 & S3) do I need to do anything with this?
  3. Best answer
    Also check the following:

Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Advanced BIOS Features.

In the Advanced BIOS Features menu check that the APIC Mode option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.
  4. Best answer selected by malkuno.
  5. ko888 said:
    Also check the following:

Enter the BIOS Setup.

From the main CMOS Setup Utilty menu choose Advanced BIOS Features.

In the Advanced BIOS Features menu check that the APIC Mode option is [Enabled].

Try the install again.

Thanks alot, It's installing now.. XD
  6. You're welcome, glad I could help.
  7. Hello, I have tried all of the above and I still have the same problem.
    I inserted the Win7 installation disc and also tried the recovery disc.

It won't read any cds. I even tried WinXP but with no luck.

Help?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Hard Drives