Lost the XP look

Help! I hope I can explain this. The look of my computer is a "hybrid" of XP
and Windows 98. I have tried doing a system restore. I have tried changing
the appearence to Windows XP but get an error message which says

"The theme could not load. An attempt was made to load a programm with an
inorect format File: C.WINDOWS\resources\Themes\Luna.theme"

Can anybody help

Thanks

Howard
2 answers Last reply
More about lost look

    Brillian it did the trick. I wonder what caused though?

    Thank you again!!!!!

    "Howard" wrote:

    > Help! I hope I can explain this. The look of my computer is a "hybrid" of XP
    > and Windows 98. I have tried doing a system restore. I have tried changing
    > the appearence to Windows XP but get an error message which says
    >
    > "The theme could not load. An attempt was made to load a programm with an
    > inorect format File: C.WINDOWS\resources\Themes\Luna.theme"
    >
    > Can anybody help
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Howard

    Hi there, have a look at Kelly's site.

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes
    Troubleshooting Themes
    Themes (Won't Load or only Windows Classic is listed)
    The Luna.theme is the theme of the Windows XP.

    Restore Luna Theme (Line 187)

    "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Help! I hope I can explain this. The look of my computer is a "hybrid" of XP
    > and Windows 98. I have tried doing a system restore. I have tried changing
    > the appearence to Windows XP but get an error message which says
    >
    > "The theme could not load. An attempt was made to load a programm with an
    > inorect format File: C.WINDOWS\resources\Themes\Luna.theme"
    >
    > Can anybody help
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Howard

Windows XP