Geforce4 mx440

I'm considering getting a new graphic card, but the prices on the TI series are very high. So, when I saw that the geforce mx series are on their way, I thougt that this was something for me. But, is it ? I saw the prices diffrence between the cards, and they were quite big. So, if I'm looking for a pretty good card, and don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it, is the MX series something for me ?

Thanks alot

- Anders Gram
12 answers Last reply
More about geforce4 mx440
  1. No, it's not. The GF4 MX is garbage. Get yourself a good GF3Ti200 or better yet, the R8500. Both are dirt cheap right now.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  2. What are you going to use the card for? Gaming? Video editing? Dual screen? Office applications?
  3. Listen to AMD Man, the GF 4 MX series sucks. period.
    especially the MX440 (theres a 460 but it sucks too)
    you should DEFINATELY go with a competitively priced GeForce 3 Ti200 or a Radeon 8500 both anywhere from 180 to 200 dollars. a little bit more money but it's worth it. The main reason the GF 4 MX series sucks (especially the 440) is because it dosnt have vertex or pixel shaders which are a very crucial component of new video cards. This is a feature of Direct X 8, which, soon, many games will be built around. these two features allow programmers to add an almost infinite amount of special effects etc. to scenes. they are very important. i suggest you read the TOMSHARDWARE article on the GeForce 4 its called, PC Graphics Beyond XBOX or something like that it's really good.
    goodluck, and hope you're happy with whatever you get!

its not that intel CANT make a good processor, its that they just dont try
  4. i think your signiture should read: AIMD(advanced intel micro devices)(dont write that part)(or this part) Pentathlon 4XP JUST A SUGGESTION!

5. about choosing between a GeForce 2 Ti200 and a Radeon 8500:
    i know the geforce card has great OC'ing potential, and can be done through the software included. you can overclock a Ti200 to the performance level of a non OC'd Ti500. But then again im not sure about the OC'ing ability of the Radeon. If it were me i would probably choose the Ti200 because of certain features and overall "goodness", plus its a bit cheaper, as for what brand, unless you care about looks, get the cheapest one theyre all pretty much the same

6. You sure about the price advantage of the ti 200 the RETAIL r8500's can now be had for less then $160 and falling just check <A HREF="http://www.reactorcritical.com" target="_new">http://www.reactorcritical.com</A> for details.
  7. Check recent prices on www.pricewatch.com and you will find the geforce3 ti200 cards are dropping below the $130 price range! I just bought one from an e-bay auction for less than $120 with shipping!

I ain't got time to bleed! :eek:
  8. is there pixel/vertex shaders for radeon 7200?

Hey Baby, I'll install YOUR RAM, if you boot my Hard drive!
  9. I wouldn't bother with the 7200 when an overclocked LE can outperform it for $40.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  10. Quote:

is there pixel/vertex shaders for radeon 7200?

Well, yes and no. The original Radeon had the 0.5 spec for the shaders (this is pre-final DX8 release specs). The current shader specs are unsupported by the Radeon and therefore it is not a DX8 compliant card.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  11. hehe, do you mean the clearance Radeon LE that one of the stores has on PriceWatch for $40, Crashman?

Hey Baby, I'll install YOUR RAM, if you boot my Hard drive!
  12. Thanks alot for your help. With the info which you gave me in the replys, I'm now going for the Geforce3 ti200 ! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Geforce Graphics