My Internet Connection has vanished! Help?!

Hello, This has happened before and I fixed it easily but can't remember how!
When I connected to the internet (via Tiscali BB) today I noticed that the
two little moniters that signify connection did not appear in the taskbar
even tho I was connected!
Can anyone tell me how to get the icon back again? I tried the taskbar
properties thing but couldn't see it there.
Also is there a way of disconnecting without using the connection icon (I
normally Right Click - Disconnect)?
Thanks
Mark
3 answers Last reply
More about internet connection vanished help

    for the icon, open Network connections> right click >properties> place a
    mark next to the 'show icon in notification area when connected' box.

    "marco772" <marco772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, This has happened before and I fixed it easily but can't remember
    > how!
    > When I connected to the internet (via Tiscali BB) today I noticed that the
    > two little moniters that signify connection did not appear in the taskbar
    > even tho I was connected!
    > Can anyone tell me how to get the icon back again? I tried the taskbar
    > properties thing but couldn't see it there.
    > Also is there a way of disconnecting without using the connection icon (I
    > normally Right Click - Disconnect)?
    > Thanks
    > Mark

    Thank you, Ivee.
    That would have done it I'm sure. Strangely I just rebooted in the end and
    then all was well again (I DID run Adaware in between tho!).
    Many thanks
    Mark

    "lvee" wrote:

    > for the icon, open Network connections> right click >properties> place a
    > mark next to the 'show icon in notification area when connected' box.
    >
    > "marco772" <marco772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello, This has happened before and I fixed it easily but can't remember
    > > how!
    > > When I connected to the internet (via Tiscali BB) today I noticed that the
    > > two little moniters that signify connection did not appear in the taskbar
    > > even tho I was connected!
    > > Can anyone tell me how to get the icon back again? I tried the taskbar
    > > properties thing but couldn't see it there.
    > > Also is there a way of disconnecting without using the connection icon (I
    > > normally Right Click - Disconnect)?
    > > Thanks
    > > Mark

    Welcome!!

    > Thank you, Ivee.
    > That would have done it I'm sure. Strangely I just rebooted in the end and
    > then all was well again (I DID run Adaware in between tho!).
    > Many thanks
    > Mark
    >
    > "lvee" wrote:
    >
    >> for the icon, open Network connections> right click >properties> place a
    >> mark next to the 'show icon in notification area when connected' box.
    >>
    >> "marco772" <marco772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello, This has happened before and I fixed it easily but can't
    >> > remember
    >> > how!
    >> > When I connected to the internet (via Tiscali BB) today I noticed that
    >> > the
    >> > two little moniters that signify connection did not appear in the
    >> > taskbar
    >> > even tho I was connected!
    >> > Can anyone tell me how to get the icon back again? I tried the taskbar
    >> > properties thing but couldn't see it there.
    >> > Also is there a way of disconnecting without using the connection icon
    >> > (I
    >> > normally Right Click - Disconnect)?
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Mark

Connection Internet Connection Windows XP