My Internet Connection has vanished! Help?!

September 7, 2005 8:34:08 AM

Hello, This has happened before and I fixed it easily but can't remember how!
When I connected to the internet (via Tiscali BB) today I noticed that the
two little moniters that signify connection did not appear in the taskbar
even tho I was connected!
Can anyone tell me how to get the icon back again? I tried the taskbar
properties thing but couldn't see it there.
Also is there a way of disconnecting without using the connection icon (I
normally Right Click - Disconnect)?
Thanks
Mark
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:46:43 AM

for the icon, open Network connections> right click >properties> place a
mark next to the 'show icon in notification area when connected' box.

"marco772" <marco772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, This has happened before and I fixed it easily but can't remember
> how!
> When I connected to the internet (via Tiscali BB) today I noticed that the
> two little moniters that signify connection did not appear in the taskbar
> even tho I was connected!
> Can anyone tell me how to get the icon back again? I tried the taskbar
> properties thing but couldn't see it there.
> Also is there a way of disconnecting without using the connection icon (I
> normally Right Click - Disconnect)?
> Thanks
> Mark
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:21:05 PM

Thank you, Ivee.
That would have done it I'm sure. Strangely I just rebooted in the end and
then all was well again (I DID run Adaware in between tho!).
Many thanks
Mark

"lvee" wrote:

> for the icon, open Network connections> right click >properties> place a
> mark next to the 'show icon in notification area when connected' box.
>
> "marco772" <marco772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, This has happened before and I fixed it easily but can't remember
> > how!
> > When I connected to the internet (via Tiscali BB) today I noticed that the
> > two little moniters that signify connection did not appear in the taskbar
> > even tho I was connected!
> > Can anyone tell me how to get the icon back again? I tried the taskbar
> > properties thing but couldn't see it there.
> > Also is there a way of disconnecting without using the connection icon (I
> > normally Right Click - Disconnect)?
> > Thanks
> > Mark

Anonymous