Tasks cannot start

September 7, 2005 12:21:04 PM

In my scheduled tasks I have 2 tasks that continues to show "cannot start".

One is: <C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\SUPPORT\PCHSCHD.EXE -c>
I would like to know what it is and if it's important to run?

The other one is: <walign>
Again I don't know what it is and if it's necessary to run?

I have just recently upgraded to Windows XP from ME so I'm trying to learn
about the scheduled task feature. I hasve 6 tasks that are scheduled and run
at their scheduled times

More about : tasks start

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:57:18 PM

Both these items apply to Win ME, so you can safely delete them.

Pchschd.exe is Microsoft’s PC Health Client Scheduling Application. PCHSCHD
collected hardware and software configuration data used by Windows ME Help &
Support.

Walign.exe first made its appearance with Windows 98 SE. It had to do with
aligning software onto 4KB address boundaries.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

!