Linksys WPC-11 wireless network card in Toshiba laptop not..

I have a Linksys WAP and a WPC-11 instant network access card for my
laptop. I have a 1Ghz Toshiba Satellite 3005-304 laptop with 2 PCMCIA
ports on the side. The card has been new in box for a while but today I
thought I would try to get it set up. When I insert the WPC-11 card
into either slot, the LEDs illuminate briefly, and then go out. The OS
(Windows XP Home Edition) does not recognize the wireless card at all.
I've tried a variety of things but I have not been able to get the
laptop to recognize the wireless card. Any suggestions? Thanks in
advance - M

Mabe, if your control panel has a toshibaHW setup item you might open it and
Select the LAN not used button.

"Med Bennett" <no.spam@this.address.please> wrote in message
> I have a Linksys WAP and a WPC-11 instant network access card for my
> laptop. I have a 1Ghz Toshiba Satellite 3005-304 laptop with 2 PCMCIA
> ports on the side. The card has been new in box for a while but today I
> thought I would try to get it set up. When I insert the WPC-11 card
> into either slot, the LEDs illuminate briefly, and then go out. The OS
> (Windows XP Home Edition) does not recognize the wireless card at all.
> I've tried a variety of things but I have not been able to get the
> laptop to recognize the wireless card. Any suggestions? Thanks in
> advance - M

I've seen this before and the solution that I used was to rebuild the
laptop. In fact regarding the notebook that I worked on, rebuilding
that system turned out to be a very good thing, as I was able to setup
the notebook in a much more supportable fashion.

Good Luck

Adrian Martinez
http://www.segurogroup.com