Linksys WPC-11 wireless network card in Toshiba laptop not..

I have a Linksys WAP and a WPC-11 instant network access card for my
laptop. I have a 1Ghz Toshiba Satellite 3005-304 laptop with 2 PCMCIA
ports on the side. The card has been new in box for a while but today I
thought I would try to get it set up. When I insert the WPC-11 card
into either slot, the LEDs illuminate briefly, and then go out. The OS
(Windows XP Home Edition) does not recognize the wireless card at all.
I've tried a variety of things but I have not been able to get the
laptop to recognize the wireless card. Any suggestions? Thanks in
advance - M
2 answers Last reply
More about linksys wireless network card toshiba laptop

    Mabe, if your control panel has a toshibaHW setup item you might open it and
    Select the LAN not used button.

    "Med Bennett" <no.spam@this.address.please> wrote in message
    > I have a Linksys WAP and a WPC-11 instant network access card for my
    > laptop. I have a 1Ghz Toshiba Satellite 3005-304 laptop with 2 PCMCIA
    > ports on the side. The card has been new in box for a while but today I
    > thought I would try to get it set up. When I insert the WPC-11 card
    > into either slot, the LEDs illuminate briefly, and then go out. The OS
    > (Windows XP Home Edition) does not recognize the wireless card at all.
    > I've tried a variety of things but I have not been able to get the
    > laptop to recognize the wireless card. Any suggestions? Thanks in
    > advance - M

    I've seen this before and the solution that I used was to rebuild the
    laptop. In fact regarding the notebook that I worked on, rebuilding
    that system turned out to be a very good thing, as I was able to setup
    the notebook in a much more supportable fashion.

    Good Luck

    Adrian Martinez
    http://www.segurogroup.com

    Med Bennett <no.spam@this.address.please> wrote in message news:<10c78imt9qpj673@corp.supernews.com>...
    > I have a Linksys WAP and a WPC-11 instant network access card for my
    > laptop. I have a 1Ghz Toshiba Satellite 3005-304 laptop with 2 PCMCIA
    > ports on the side. The card has been new in box for a while but today I
    > thought I would try to get it set up. When I insert the WPC-11 card
    > into either slot, the LEDs illuminate briefly, and then go out. The OS
    > (Windows XP Home Edition) does not recognize the wireless card at all.
    > I've tried a variety of things but I have not been able to get the
    > laptop to recognize the wireless card. Any suggestions? Thanks in
    > advance - M

Laptops Wireless Wireless Network Linksys Wireless Networking