Unable to download driver

September 7, 2005 3:08:04 PM

Hi, I have tried to install a driver unsuccessfully as a pop up says
'Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library. Runtime error
Program :C:\DOCUME-1\GARYHY-1\LOCALS-1\Temp\Gsilnst.exe
So ia unable to go onto broadband as the driver wont install with my modem.
This is driving me nuts.Please someone save my sanity.

More about : unable download driver

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 6:06:30 PM

Empty your Temporary folder.

Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
In the right hand pane hit Ctrl + A to select everything, hit your Delete
key and answer YES.

If everything does not delete, reboot and try again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ED4EC8BE-94F8-4821-9232-C868F5760E74@microsoft.com,
Gaz777 <Gaz777@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi, I have tried to install a driver unsuccessfully as a pop up says
> 'Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library. Runtime error
> Program :C:\DOCUME-1\GARYHY-1\LOCALS-1\Temp\Gsilnst.exe
> So ia unable to go onto broadband as the driver wont install with my
> modem. This is driving me nuts.Please someone save my sanity.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:59:03 AM

Hi Wesley,
I followed the instructions but unfortunately this did not allow me to
install my driver as the same message came up. There were 4 temp files i
could not delete.
1) Temp folder aac.-macromedia.lok
2)AAX2C.tmp-access denied-write protected
3)AAX2B.tmp-as above
4)-DF6269.tmp-being used by another.
Any further help would be appreciated. I am using Windows xp home and my isp
is AOL 9

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Empty your Temporary folder.
>
> Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
> In the right hand pane hit Ctrl + A to select everything, hit your Delete
> key and answer YES.
>
> If everything does not delete, reboot and try again.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:ED4EC8BE-94F8-4821-9232-C868F5760E74@microsoft.com,
> Gaz777 <Gaz777@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi, I have tried to install a driver unsuccessfully as a pop up says
> > 'Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library. Runtime error
> > Program :C:\DOCUME-1\GARYHY-1\LOCALS-1\Temp\Gsilnst.exe
> > So ia unable to go onto broadband as the driver wont install with my
> > modem. This is driving me nuts.Please someone save my sanity.

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:33:35 PM

Gsilnst.exe may be part of a trojan or virus.

Update you antivirus software and run a full system scan. Update your
antispyware program(s) and run scans. Empty as much of the temp folder as
you can before scanning. Also clean out your Temporary Internet Files.

To delete *all* Temporary Internet Files...

1) Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK
Or right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop.
Or: Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options.
Best to do this with all instances of Internet Explorer closed. Especially
if there are a large number of files.
2) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
3) Check the box  Delete all offline content {This cleans >>
%homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
AND
%homepath%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
and \Content.MSO (Created by an MS Office program)}
4) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the
temporary internet files
5) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that
websites have placed on your hard drive.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User