XP Pro 64 bit keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have installed windows xp pro 64 bit edition and the system keeps rebooting
before I get to my desktop. I am using the AMD Athlon 64 bit 2800+ processor.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to complete the boot process?
--
Thanks for taking the time to help me. Jim

Please repost your inquiry in the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Courage97" wrote:

| I have installed windows xp pro 64 bit edition and the system keeps rebooting
| before I get to my desktop. I am using the AMD Athlon 64 bit 2800+ processor.
| Does anyone have any suggestions on how to complete the boot process?
| --
| Thanks for taking the time to help me. Jim

Blakenstein

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

I have installed windows xp pro 64 bit edition and the system keeps rebooting
before I get to my desktop. I am using the AMD Athlon 64 bit 2800+ processor.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to complete the boot process?
--
Thanks for taking the time to help me. Jim
First of all I cannot belive that its been 6 months and you got no answers!!! Anyway, I messed up twice and each time that happend, I had to reinstall my windows os. The same thing happened to me!!! It kept going over and over again right after restart!!! So this is what I tried:
I grabed the power cord..and kept my hand on it to ready to unplug the computer from the wall at the right momment. Then I waited for install to be competed and for the restart. Then the second that the computer turned off,(shut down), I quickly pulled the plug out of the wall so the com could not automatically turn itself back on. Then while the computer was off, and the plug was still out of the wall, I took a papper clip, and made a long wire out of it. Then I stuck it in the tiny little hole just under the tray of my cd/dvd drive. It opened the tray just a little so I could get my fingers in there. Then VERY CAREFULLY, I opened the tray and took out the disk. Then I carefully closed the tray shut.
After I got the disk out with the computer off, I plugged it back in again and turned it on and......IT WORKED...IT BOOTED RIGHT UP!!! AND COULD NOT KEEP REBOOTING BECAUSE NOW THERE IS NO DISK IN IT TO MAKE IT DO THAT. This worked for me on two different occasions.