CD-Rom & CD/RW won't recognize my disc's

My cd roms will not recognize my cd's can anybody give me some help on this?

What is the name of your burning/viewing software? It may need to be updated
as well as the CD drives firmware, if avalible...

Find your drives id string and firmware ver here..
http://www.iomagic.com/Firmware/NeroInfotool/neroinfotool.html
Read up and find a fix here..
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php
Update the XP inbuilt cd burner..