Question about moving address books

I got a message today from someone who wants to move their addressbook
from their wife's webtv ( I know ... I know ) to his XP computer.

Is there a way to do that without typing all of the addresses and emails
in manually?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about question moving address books

    If it is a Windows Address Book, shouldn't be a problem.

    filename.wab the wab extension means that it is a Windows Address Book.

    WAB transfer to a different machine

    I'm assuming that the two machines are *not* connect in any way. Like a
    network or a Direct Cable Connection. Copy your Windows Address Book to a
    floppy.

    Do a Search for *.wab
    * is a wild card and will locate all wab files on your machine.
    wab is the file extension for all Windows Address Books.
    Mine is Wesley P_ Vogel.wab

    Or Open Windows Address Book | Click Help | About Address Book |
    Copy the path and paste it into the Start | Run box | Click OK

    Typically located here >>
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Application Data\Microsoft\Address
    Book\SomeName.wab

    Once your WAB is located right click it and select: Send To |
    3½" Floppy (A:) Make sure there's a disk in the floppy drive.

    Stick the disk you copied the *.wab to in the XP machine's floppy drive and
    copy it to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Application Data\
    Microsoft\Address Book

    To open the floppy disk...
    Start | Run | Type: a: | OK |
    Right click your *.wab file and select: Copy

    This will open the proper folder...
    Start | Run | Type or paste the following:

    %appdata%\Microsoft\Address Book\Microsoft\Address Book

    Click OK or hit the ENTER key.

    Right click the right hand pane and select: Paste

    You should now see your *.wab file.

    More info here...

    Files and Settings
    The Windows Address Book (WAB)
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:nqITe.190279$E95.102878@fed1read01,
    az-willie <sclause@npole.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I got a message today from someone who wants to move their addressbook
    > from their wife's webtv ( I know ... I know ) to his XP computer.
    >
    > Is there a way to do that without typing all of the addresses and emails
    > in manually?
    >
    > Thanks

Windows XP Books