Need assistance with a Virtua Racing DLX Unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.marketplace,rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Hello

I'm looking for anyone with a Virtua Racing DLX unit? As I'm just
about to acquire one but there's 2 issues with the unit. And I just
wanted to know how hard it would be to fix the following issues.

Polygon card (or rom) needs repair. As the game plays ok, but there
is some messed up graphics.

And the hydraulics aren't working. The unit doesn't move.

Any advice anyone could pass on about these errors would be greatly
predicated!! Email me at ggkoul@REMOVEhotmail.com

Also, does anyone have a Manual available for download or can email me
one? As I found a manual for a Virtua Racing Twin, but nothing for
the DLX model.

Thanks!!
-GG

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.marketplace,rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Hi,

I've had one of these so i'll comment.

Right the messed up graphics you speak of is a common fault of one of the
custom surface mount chips failing. You can't get this chip anymore so
you'll have to buy a new board or possibly just the board that has the chip
on. (a Virtual Racing PCB has 3 boards I believe in a stack).

A fully working complete boardset shouldn't cost you more than $50 though so
this isn't too much of a worry.

They are no hydraulics in this machine, it's all controlled via a Compressor
at the rear of the machine. It's common for the Operator to turn this off
(there's an ON/OFF switch on it).

That's it!

/o