Startup Problem

September 7, 2005 7:31:07 PM

When i startup my PC i get the message after the boot screen "please select
OS to start" 2 options appear windows xp and windows xp home edition. I click
home edition and it starts no problem, but usually starts automatically. Have
i disabled this action by mistake or unticked a box? I have run sfc /scannow
but this did'nt solve the problem. Please help a computer novice:)

More about : startup problem

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 12:59:39 AM

Have you, or someone else, recently re-installed Windows?
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:47:01 AM

I think i missed out a very crucial word when posting my thread :)  After the
boot screen the instructions are "please select OS to start.
1st Option :-windows XP home edition
2nd Option :- Restore windows XP home edition.
It starts up when i select the 2nd option.
Sorry about that
Robbie J

!