UT2 and Quake4

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
when are these titles coming out? i cant wait! i know that both of them support directx8 and will look great if you have a card that has pixel and vertex shaders, if not too bad for you. UT2 will also be put on the XBOX as "high res" meaning 1024 x 768 and will also have anti-aliasing, but still it wont be nearly as good as on a good pc. I really have nothing to say about this, i was just bored and thought id try to get people on the subject of new game titles and what kind of hardware youll need to play em.

oh yeah, the Northwood sucks too, but i couldn't fit both core names in my name, so i thought id go with the crappier one

its not that intel CANT make a good processor, its that they just dont try

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
oh yeah, the Northwood sucks too, but i couldn't fit both core names in my name, so i thought id go with the crappier one
You, sir, are a troll.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
bla bla bla... cant you come up with something better to say than "you sir are a troll" every time someone says something you disagree with?

its not that intel CANT make a good processor, its that they just dont try

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Considering that that comment was completely off topic, you are a troll.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
Is Quake4 using an id engine? If so ;), I sincerely doubt ot will be supporting DX8 instead of OpenGL

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
It probably won't support DX8. Willamette is just spreading FUD.

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
After years using OpenGL as the basis of the graphic engines, I don't think its plausible that id would change to DX, starting with a 3rd party game...
Unless Quake4 doesn't use an id engine... but willamete can't be wrong, can he? :wink:

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
Heh...I went to Software Etc. today and looked at the upcoming games board...I believe its like 6/3 or 13 or someting like that. It has a 3 i remember... :)

What's this?...ERROR ERROR ERROR...*CRASH & BURN*

FatBurger

Illustrious
For Quake 4? It doesn't even have screenshots on the web yet, it'll be a while.

Unreal 2 (<i>not</i> UT2) will be out June 23rd, I believe. Amazon.com has it for preorder.

The Xbox version of UT2 will be called Unreal Championship, last I heard. Unreal 2 was originally planned to launch Q4/01, which obviously didn't happen. UT2 was originally planned to launch Q2/02, under the name "Unreal Warfare". Apparently that's been changed to UT2.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Quake 4 will be using the new DOOM engine. I wouldn't expect to see it for almost two years (pretty sure of this one). UT2 is going to be a while yet, probably not in time for this christmas (not very sure of this one). Unreal 2 should be sometime this year...mid year probably rather than the usual October-December timeframe (pretty sure on this one).

Trolls_suck.

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
Unreal 2 and UT2 will be in time for my birthday (7/12). It's comming out like he said, June 23rd.

FatBurger

Illustrious
UT2 is not releasing at the same time as Unreal 2, last I checked.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

UT 2, according to gamespot, is Q3 2002 which does sound a little premature
unreal 2 is said to come out Q2 2002 according to various sources.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Unreal 2 is already available for preorder from Amazon.com with a released date of June 23rd, so I'd think that's pretty concrete.
I'd be surprised if UT2 was released close on it's heels, but I could be wrong.

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
Unreal 2 is pretty much good to go...A final release has already been played by lucky testers from PC game magazines and stuff. It's good to go and it has awesome intense graphics! I thought TNT M64 would survive the new century games!

Kidane

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
Is it possible Quake 4 will use Open GL 2.0? I read that it is alot of enhancements, especially regarding programmable shaders. I've never even HEARD of Quake 4 though, I'm still running Q3 at home.

Kidane

Det finns inget dåligt väder - bara dåliga kläder

FatBurger

Illustrious
No clue. I'm not a Quake fan by any means, so I haven't been keeping up.

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
UT2 is comming out even later? Ah crap, and I was planning to buy a computer very soon. I guess I'll wait for Hammer and buy everything then :).

FatBurger

Illustrious
You're buying your computer solely for UT2?

Good call :wink:

G

STFU PUNK... Your the reason i came back because i know its you Tbirdinside !!!!!!!!!

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
Well I design webpages too, but an original Pentium at 233mhz and 32mb of ram and an ATI Rage II+ (what I have now LOL) can do it just fine. I am also a gamer, so I guess you can say I'm at both ends of the spectrum in terms of performance. If it can run UT2, it can run anything :)..My smiley face won't work, how do you do it?

Kidane

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
Dude! I have an ATI Rage II+ DVD and it works better than my GeForce! For some reason, my GeForce 256 with 32 MB won't do above 60hz at 1152x864. I think it's a driver thing, beause my Rage II does it damn nice! Of course, the Rage doesn't really do 3d that well, but that's what I have a Voodoo 2 for.

Kidane

Det finns inget dåligt väder - bara dåliga kläder