please help my wife as deleted her configuration for her boot loader and now
we cant get her windows to load i have put her hard drive on my computer to
try and reformat but i just cant get it to boot from disk dont know what im
doing wrong we have windows xp i have partition magic on my disk and tried to
add windows on her disk using this but it dosent recognize the disk
--
lee

Reinstall the hard drive in your wife's computer,
then perform a "repair install". You need to set
your CD Drive as the first bootable device in the BIOS
before you can boot from the Windows XP CD.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"spiderman" wrote:

| please help my wife as deleted her configuration for her boot loader and now
| we cant get her windows to load i have put her hard drive on my computer to
| try and reformat but i just cant get it to boot from disk dont know what im
| doing wrong we have windows xp i have partition magic on my disk and tried to
| add windows on her disk using this but it dosent recognize the disk
| --
| lee

You were considering 2 extreme options.
Adding Windows form your system to hers is definitely not the way to go, & partition magic is of no help ---unless you had a saved image of her system.
Likewise, a 'reformat' is way radical.

If it is just some boot files missing, the Recovery Console (by booting from the XP CD) would be very useful in putting boot files back in place.

Q: Have you seen Carey's reply in the other forum?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

spiderman wrote:
> please help my wife as deleted her configuration for her boot loader
> and now we cant get her windows to load i have put her hard drive on
> my computer to try and reformat but i just cant get it to boot from
> disk dont know what im doing wrong we have windows xp i have
> partition magic on my disk and tried to add windows on her disk using
> this but it dosent recognize the disk

TRENDING THREADS