Vid Card For New System?

G

Helloo everyone,
Well, I dunno if this is the right forum for this topic...so here it goes.
I'm about to build a new system and I'd just like to get some feedback. I'm pretty sure that I'll get an Athlon Xp (around 1800), not sure what motherboard. Most likely, I'll just pick up some combo soon when the price is right.
The last peripheral I haven't really decided on is the video card. I play few 3d games right now, but that's because my current system can't handle most games. I expect to play games like Warcraft 3 and GTA3, dunno what others. I also want good Tv out so I can play/watch these games on Tv. From what I've read, I'm leaning towards the Radeon 8500, especially since the price is dropping. I don't plan to spend more than $130. I don't need super 3d performance, I'm sure any decent card out there is better than my V3 2000. I am a little hesitant with Ati because I've heard the drivers and support aren't stable. I've also read a few instabilities with the Athlon Xp's and Radeon, not too many though.
As for nVidia cards, I know they have excellent 3d performance but I dunno about the tv out. I've seen a friend's G2mx400 and it wasn't too clear, had a red tint, and he had to turn off his monitor in order for the tv out to work.
If possible, can anyone out there with a similar system that I've described (Athlon Xp with Radeon 8500) inform me about any troubles they have run into? IE. how are things running under Windows XP? I know I have a lot of questions, hopefully I can find some answers. Thanks