Date and time

The Date/Time stops when computer is turned off. I have to reset each time I
use computer. How would I correct this?
Thanks,

Dianne
2 answers Last reply
More about date time

    change your CMOS battery
    peterk

    "Dianne2005" <Dianne2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The Date/Time stops when computer is turned off. I have to reset each time
    > use computer. How would I correct this?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dianne

    Here's the key item:
    Write down all system BIOS settings
    A paper record of your CMOS setup is always a good thing to have.

    How To Replace The CMOS Battery In Your PC
    http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/articles/cmosreplace.asp

    How to replace the CMOS battery

    When was the last time you thought about the battery in your PC?
    http://home.i-plus.net/jtmurphy/cmos.htm

    CMOS Problems
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkd_tro_wncb.asp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:ECD34CDA-7FA4-4CDF-9D66-62F379A59F3C@microsoft.com,
    Dianne2005 <Dianne2005@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > The Date/Time stops when computer is turned off. I have to reset each
    > time I use computer. How would I correct this?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dianne

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP