For a couple of months now when I start up I get 5 IE pop-ups, then thay
would stop. I've run Norton, Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot, and Hijack This. Now I
don't get the pop-ups, but IE comes up once a minute in the task
manager. I close it and it comes right back. As I browse this causes the
browser to drop into the background and makes every thing run slow.
Also, I play online games after work as a way to relax. As I play there
is so much lag that it becomes impossible and every minute the game
drops back to the task bar. I had this gone once for 2 days then it was
back and everything I changed to get rid of it returned, almost like I
did a restore. I'm about ready to strip the hard drive and start
everything over again. That's such a pain in the butt. Does anyone have
any ideas, including how I can hunt down the people responsible for this
programing? As I've been typing this I have had to click back on the
composer several times to continue. Please help before I shoot this comp.

In article <LMNTe.9724$4i6.9600@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
noheamakoa@tampabay.rr.com says...
> For a couple of months now when I start up I get 5 IE pop-ups, then thay
> would stop. I've run Norton, Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot, and Hijack This. Now I
> don't get the pop-ups, but IE comes up once a minute in the task
> manager. I close it and it comes right back. As I browse this causes the
> browser to drop into the background and makes every thing run slow.
> Also, I play online games after work as a way to relax. As I play there
> is so much lag that it becomes impossible and every minute the game
> drops back to the task bar. I had this gone once for 2 days then it was
> back and everything I changed to get rid of it returned, almost like I
> did a restore. I'm about ready to strip the hard drive and start
> everything over again. That's such a pain in the butt. Does anyone have
> any ideas, including how I can hunt down the people responsible for this
> programing? As I've been typing this I have had to click back on the
> composer several times to continue. Please help before I shoot this comp.

You still have spyware on your computer.

First, reboot into safe mode, then open Add or Remote Programs, then
remove anything that you don't want on your PC.

Now, run your AV software while in safe mode

Now, run AdAware Se while in safe mode

If that doesn't fix it, let us know.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

The current version of Adaware is 1.06r and for Spybot it's 1.4 if that is
what you are using then download, install, update and run all of the
following.

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, the current
version is 1.99.1, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste it
back here to this group so that I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially
the troll Leythos, who will tag along a nonsense post to this message, who
tells you to post it elsewhere. I need to see it not them.

HijackThis

The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
software.

In article <vFOTe.2495$6e1.2242@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> The current version of Adaware is 1.06r and for Spybot it's 1.4 if that is
> what you are using then download, install, update and run all of the
> following.

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me