The best value gaming card!!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • DDR
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2002 11:57:53 AM

At <A HREF="http://www.canadacomputers.com" target="_new">Canada Computers</A>, they are now selling the ATI Radeon DDR 32MB OEM for only $85 CDN! That's ~$55USD. That's an amazing deal for people looking for a value card. For that price, you can grap a Radeon 32MB DDR instead of a GF2MX-200 or MX400.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

More about : gaming card

March 4, 2002 2:06:07 PM

VC-CP-RADNVE-32D
Power Color ATI RADEON VE 32MB DDR AGP
Dual/Head,DVI,TV-OUT SLIM RETAIL BOX
INCL TV-OUT CABLES,
Starting at $82 Can...

<A HREF="http://www.shoplci.com" target="_new"> here </A>

That is a good deal for all it's offering...

The faster a computer is, the faster it will reach a crashed state :eek: 
March 4, 2002 2:20:55 PM

No, no it's not, at least not for gaming. Don't forget that the Radeon 32MB DDR is significantly faster than the Radeon VE. The Radeon VE has 64-bit DDR RAM, but the Radeon DDR has 128-Bit DDR RAM. Also, I believe the T&L engine is missing in the Radeon VE.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
March 4, 2002 10:43:04 PM

be sure not to get an LE version of the Radeon 32MB DDR.
I had an LE and it performed perfectly well on games but some features were removed such as the Hyper-Z which helps in reducing GPU work...but I had it like summer of 2001 and it costed 70 bucks so get the non VE and non LE version coz for sure they are hella cheap now...
March 5, 2002 1:29:51 AM

Power Color ATI RADEON <font color=red>VE</font color=red> 32MB DDR AGP ...

March 5, 2002 10:02:52 AM

VE=Slow

March 5, 2002 1:17:56 PM

I know AMD_MAN but the tittle do say "The best value card!!" not the best value game card...

Even more if you work in a office a PowerColor Xpert2000pro 32Mb sells around $55.00 street price .

And i was answering to hartski that he was saying to me that LE sucks when my post was about the VE .

March 5, 2002 1:22:48 PM

True, I'll change the title then.

March 5, 2002 11:19:05 PM

I am not saying LE sucks but it does compared to the non LE or non VE version. All I'm saying is these three cards (VE, LE and Full/non-compromised) don't have a big price difference between them so better get the best one.
If you are to use it just for office applications it really won't matter which card you choose because there's no 3D or technically to say even 2D enhancement and performance in use.

but if we are talking about "the best value card" then the cheapest wins hence "value"
!