Xp SATA recovery & booting problem

Hi there,

My system has been running a Seagate SATA hard drive loaded with XP pro
together with a 10gig IDE slave for file backups.

I regulary run Registry Mechanic to keep my registry clean and tidy but the
last registry cleanup caused my computer to hang at boot-up at the XP screen.

I have tried the recovery console via my XP cd but this doesn't recognise
the SATA drive at all. I have also tried a boot cd but this didn't recognise
the SATA drive despite having SATA drivers on the CD.

I have now installed XP on my IDE slave and can view my SATA drive and
folder fine. Is there any way that I can perform a system restore or run
Registry mechanic to load the registry backup I made before the changes to
get my system booting from the SATA drive again?

Any help very appreciated.

dl

Thought of trying a repair installation of the origonal winxp, you would
likely need sata drivers on a floppy.
MS has stated that using registry cleaners/utilities is of no advantage on a
winxp sys, and can, as you see, cause problems.

I cannot advise you how to restore the Reg.M backup as I dont use it.The
only reg backup tool I now use is Erunt

"this_sith" <thissith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> My system has been running a Seagate SATA hard drive loaded with XP pro
> together with a 10gig IDE slave for file backups.
>
> I regulary run Registry Mechanic to keep my registry clean and tidy but
the
> last registry cleanup caused my computer to hang at boot-up at the XP
screen.

> I have tried the recovery console via my XP cd but this doesn't recognise
> the SATA drive at all. I have also tried a boot cd but this didn't
recognise
> the SATA drive despite having SATA drivers on the CD.
>
> I have now installed XP on my IDE slave and can view my SATA drive and
> folder fine. Is there any way that I can perform a system restore or run
> Registry mechanic to load the registry backup I made before the changes to
> get my system booting from the SATA drive again?
>
> Any help very appreciated.

If you are in XP and can see your SATA drive can you not access Registry
Mechanic from there and run the repair???
peterk