DI-614+ and Netgear MA521

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok while I'm sitting here impatiently waiting for my DSL modem & service to
arrive, I went out and bought a "cheap" $10 (after$40 MIR)wireless Netgear
nic at Compusa. It works fine. Well sorta, I can find shared folders on my
network, but my shared dial-up is not getting through and . I can see,
read/write to network drives, just can't surf. Plug in a cat5 and surfing
begins. I've played around with a bunch of settings, but I don't know what
to try [or am doing]. Any suggestions on what to switch, change, modify,
etc?

The 614+ is not set for 4x mode, I have tried different tx rates, it's on
long preamble now, ssid is on, 100% power.

Nic is in win2k machine. D-link card on another notebook is surfing through
same 614+.

Hopefully after my 2Wire arrives I can use it with my netgear, and d-link+
nics.

Thanks
Bryan

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

After fumbeling with every setting I could find. I finally got Netgears
updated driver from their site, a 15-20min download. uninstalled the old,
installed the new, and now I'm surfing. I don't know if the driver alone
fixed it, or just the fact it was uninstalled/reinstalled.

Bryan