Help to pull in a weak signal

I just bought a wireless laptop and was about to sign up for local DSL
or cable and run wireless throughout my house.

But, when I fired up my laptop on my front stoop (yes I live in a
densely populated city), I received 2 very weak signals. Once I
walked into my house, I lost the connection.

I was wondering how can I pull those 2 weak unencrypted signals into
my house?

I don't know if this helps, but they're named, WLAN and default. I
don't know which brands those network names are attributed to.

Can someone can help me with the hardware I need to invest in pulling
in these weak signals and I guess, boost them so I can use it anywhere
within my house?

Thank you!
Loony2nz

loony2nz@yahoo.com (Loony2nz) wrote in news:b0a2adda.0406062231.1076d27
@posting.google.com:

> But, when I fired up my laptop on my front stoop (yes I live in a
> densely populated city), I received 2 very weak signals. Once I
> walked into my house, I lost the connection.
>
> I was wondering how can I pull those 2 weak unencrypted signals into
> my house?

You can use an Antenna... but why use that consistently? How do you know if
the person on the other end isn't monitoring the connection... or what
happens if you get caught and the person files a complaint? : )

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

Go get your own connection. It is like investing in the same piece of
equipment and you can count on your own.
Free is not always good but it depends on you...