Create a user accounts, Please help!!

Dear all,

I have two questions about user account:

1: I created a new user account. When I login with this new account and try
to use Microsoft access to open an exist database. A pop out error message
says:

"Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft 2000 SR-1
professional. The windows installer cannot continue."

Actually, Microsoft office works very well for all the other exist old
accounts? that means microsoft office exists in the computer. why should I
insert the CD for this new account? What should I do? Insert CD for each of
the new account I am going to create?

2: I changed the name (AAA) of an exist account to a new name (BBB). When I
login in with BBB and logoff, the old name AAA was left in the User Name box.
How could that happen? What can I do to let BBB show up in the User Name box?

Thank you,

Blinda
2 answers Last reply
More about create user accounts help

    "Blinda" <Blinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >

    > I have two questions about user account:
    >
    > 1: I created a new user account. When I login with this new account and
    try
    > to use Microsoft access to open an exist database. A pop out error message
    > says:
    >
    > "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft 2000
    SR-1
    > professional. The windows installer cannot continue."

    Put the install CD in.

    > Actually, Microsoft office works very well for all the other exist old
    > accounts? that means microsoft office exists in the computer. why should I
    > insert the CD for this new account? What should I do? Insert CD for each
    of
    > the new account I am going to create?

    Yes, the installer needs to run briefly to set up the files and paths for
    *each* new account. This is a major difference in behaviour between Win9x
    and WinNT - the difference between a single-user and multi-user operating
    system.

    It's normal and expected behaviour.

    HTH
    -pk

    > 2: I changed the name (AAA) of an exist account to a new name (BBB). When
    > login in with BBB and logoff, the old name AAA was left in the User Name
    box.
    > How could that happen? What can I do to let BBB show up in the User Name
    box?

    > Thank you,
    >
    > Blinda

    Thank you.

    "Patrick Keenan" wrote:

    > "Blinda" <Blinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Dear all,
    > >

    > > I have two questions about user account:
    > >
    > > 1: I created a new user account. When I login with this new account and
    > try
    > > to use Microsoft access to open an exist database. A pop out error message
    > > says:
    > >
    > > "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft 2000
    > SR-1
    > > professional. The windows installer cannot continue."
    >
    > Put the install CD in.
    >
    > > Actually, Microsoft office works very well for all the other exist old
    > > accounts? that means microsoft office exists in the computer. why should I
    > > insert the CD for this new account? What should I do? Insert CD for each
    > of
    > > the new account I am going to create?
    >
    > Yes, the installer needs to run briefly to set up the files and paths for
    > *each* new account. This is a major difference in behaviour between Win9x
    > and WinNT - the difference between a single-user and multi-user operating
    > system.
    >
    > It's normal and expected behaviour.
    >
    > HTH
    > -pk
    >

    > > 2: I changed the name (AAA) of an exist account to a new name (BBB). When
    > > login in with BBB and logoff, the old name AAA was left in the User Name
    > box.
    > > How could that happen? What can I do to let BBB show up in the User Name
    > box?
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Blinda

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP