Create a user accounts, Please help!!

Dear all,

I have two questions about user account:

1: I created a new user account. When I login with this new account and try
to use Microsoft access to open an exist database. A pop out error message
says:

"Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft 2000 SR-1
professional. The windows installer cannot continue."

Actually, Microsoft office works very well for all the other exist old
accounts? that means microsoft office exists in the computer. why should I
insert the CD for this new account? What should I do? Insert CD for each of
the new account I am going to create?

2: I changed the name (AAA) of an exist account to a new name (BBB). When I
login in with BBB and logoff, the old name AAA was left in the User Name box.
How could that happen? What can I do to let BBB show up in the User Name box?

Thank you,

Blinda

"Blinda" <Blinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>

> I have two questions about user account:
>
> 1: I created a new user account. When I login with this new account and
try
> to use Microsoft access to open an exist database. A pop out error message
> says:
>
> "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft 2000
SR-1
> professional. The windows installer cannot continue."

Put the install CD in.

> Actually, Microsoft office works very well for all the other exist old
> accounts? that means microsoft office exists in the computer. why should I
> insert the CD for this new account? What should I do? Insert CD for each
of
> the new account I am going to create?

Yes, the installer needs to run briefly to set up the files and paths for
*each* new account. This is a major difference in behaviour between Win9x
and WinNT - the difference between a single-user and multi-user operating
system.

It's normal and expected behaviour.

HTH
-pk

> 2: I changed the name (AAA) of an exist account to a new name (BBB). When
> login in with BBB and logoff, the old name AAA was left in the User Name
box.
> How could that happen? What can I do to let BBB show up in the User Name
box?

> Thank you,
>
> Blinda

Thank you.