Closed

Tuan: Follow Me on Twitter and Forums

Tags:
Last response: in News comments
November 4, 2009 4:54:19 AM

Finally, a good use for twitter.
Score
November 4, 2009 4:54:32 AM

All this ragging on David Free on the front page has kind of been unprofessional, so I'd say this is a step towards the better.

As much as I like the drama, I come here for tech talk, not to watch a man burn his business to the ground and have people push him further over the brink.
Score
Related resources
November 4, 2009 5:05:06 AM

+1 to Professionalism
+1 to Epic Win

Some may say this is kind of dragged out - but after reading it all and going through his ridiculous site, I think this response is warranted.
Score
Anonymous
November 4, 2009 5:05:11 AM

What has Tomshardware come to?

As much as I agree that this would be a correct course of action in moving the discussion off the front page, I'm surprised by the amount space it was given in the first place. I have been following this website for a number of years and what started as a professional technical publication and review site seems to have become degraded into the equivalent of a technical tabloid.

Is this situation that occurred here newsworthy and worth telling the readers? Yes it is. However would it not have been better served by including it as a paragraph in the mouse mat review rather than the 3 or 4 stories that have been published?

I'm not attacking or supporting anyone here, all I wish to see is the site return to the professionalism that the site once held high in these murky waters of internet publications.

Farmio
Score
November 4, 2009 5:10:51 AM

Tom's still does great reviews, and the news section has been here for a while. The news seems to attract more attention then it did in years past, it seems.

Anyway, though the posts have gone a bit overdrawn, I'm satisfied that it was handled in a calm manner with lots of support - something I think we can all agree that regular tabloids lack.
Score
November 4, 2009 6:16:34 AM

it was fun while it last... now back to work...
Score
November 4, 2009 7:11:14 AM

Good luck to Mr. Free.

p.s damn, I hella thought you were my friend's brother because his name is also Tuan Nguyen, techie looking person, and your writing sounds like his talking too! Anyway, nice to meet you Tuan, I'm Phuc from Sacramento.
Score
November 4, 2009 11:27:11 AM

sinny1Good luck to Mr. Free. p.s damn, I hella thought you were my friend's brother because his name is also Tuan Nguyen, techie looking person, and your writing sounds like his talking too! Anyway, nice to meet you Tuan, I'm Phuc from Sacramento.

Err... HOW do you pronounce your name? :D 
Score
November 4, 2009 11:33:17 AM

Like i said, thsi is getting out of hand. Good thing it moved
Score
November 4, 2009 11:41:03 AM

I kinda enjoyed the bashing on the front page. Sometimes a little bit of drama can be very interesting, a break from the norm per say. Oh well, battle on!
Score
November 4, 2009 12:02:34 PM

Hey everybody I found the problem. It takes 37 days to process the order according to the website:

"MacPadd processes its orders within 37 business days will often arrive at the homes and offices for our US and Canadian customers within 4 to 6 days of the processing of your order. The cost to mail MacPadd to our US customers is approximately $9.00 (USD) and $3.00 (CDN) (plus handling) within Canada."

How the heck can it take 37 days? I could make one with a hammer and chisel faster then that.
Score
November 4, 2009 12:07:54 PM

It's on b!tch!
Score
November 4, 2009 12:40:16 PM

Well I for one am done with this whole thing. Good luck to you Tom's Hardware and all those involved (except Free). It is clear he has no friends here and based on reviews and statements made it is clear to me that ol' Free is just a typical scam artist and the whole "meek" thing shows his level of thinking which is gutter and was not fooling anyone. Now, based on some written reviews and comments even on youtube the word is out.

Once again good luck and all the best.
Score
November 4, 2009 12:45:59 PM

turboedgeHey everybody I found the problem. It takes 37 days to process the order according to the website:"MacPadd processes its orders within 37 business days will often arrive at the homes and offices for our US and Canadian customers within 4 to 6 days of the processing of your order. The cost to mail MacPadd to our US customers is approximately $9.00 (USD) and $3.00 (CDN) (plus handling) within Canada."How the heck can it take 37 days? I could make one with a hammer and chisel faster then that.

Yea a few people have mentioned that...but Mr. Free said 3 to 7 days in one of his emails. I think the 37 days thing was just a typo. Could have actually been an 'out' built into the site, but who knows.

I'd actually like to hope this fellow isn't the scum of the earth and just make a series of bad decisions, maybe just in a bad time.

It doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't buy from him (besides my Banshee Pad does fine), I'm just saying you can never know the other end's full story. Maybe his goldfish drowned or something.
Score
November 4, 2009 12:51:14 PM

HeadlinePerhaps you can tweet me that tracking number I've been waiting for.
LOL!
Score
November 4, 2009 12:59:48 PM

Quote:
about a gentleman named David Free

Tuan's even got a sense of humor
Score
November 4, 2009 1:16:32 PM

That's a shame. These headlines have been much more interesting than most everything else on Tom's as of late.
Score
November 4, 2009 1:45:45 PM

Where is the professional technical publication? For the past 10 years, the articles start degrading to disput, argument, and personal attacks.
Score
November 4, 2009 2:37:19 PM

twuWhere is the professional technical publication? For the past 10 years, the articles start degrading to disput, argument, and personal attacks.

Yep, I can't say I am happy with toms, I may have to leave.

This is supposed to be NEWS, not your personal blog.. get it right. Tell the story, tell the facts, leave. Not 3 threads and even a forum thread about how you are mad about getting shafted by a douchbag scammer.
Score
November 4, 2009 2:47:58 PM

I would rather read an article on this rather than a prego chick wanting to pop her little demon seed out on webcam.
Score
November 4, 2009 3:07:09 PM

This is to all the people ranting about how they want toms hardware to return to the news. You have to remember that Tuan was supposed to be reviewing this product (or at least that's how I understood it) and when you consider the difficulty in buying (from the actual source no less), let alone getting to the actual reviewing part of things, he is doing his job just as he is supposed to be, though he wanted to put all this in real time rather than waiting for everything to play out before posting. I prefer it like this, though I'm guessing that Tuan didn't expect this to get the level of response from the community or the owner of the company or he probably would've put this on the forum in the first place (after the first article, I thought it would be asinine for David Free to actually respond considering that he is committing corporate suicide). Honestly, how gizmodo ever got their hands on this product for review with a guy like David Free as the owner of the company is beyond me. Perhaps the whole "under new management" thing that was on the website was David Free taking over from someone who actually knew what they were doing. Anyways, good luck Tuan, hope this guy gets his just desserts.
Score
November 4, 2009 3:34:54 PM

Glad you're going to keep us updated, and I'm also glad you're moving it off the main page. Will help reduce some of the clutter. But keep up the good work Tuan!I have no doubt this guy will get his in the end.
Score
November 4, 2009 5:59:28 PM

TemjinGoldErr... HOW do you pronounce your name?

Well my English teacher wrote down "fook" after he said "f**k" on the first day roll-call, haha
Score
November 4, 2009 7:42:22 PM

w00t now i can go stalk jane
Score
November 5, 2009 12:44:57 AM

well, a negative campaign is also a campaign. I have never heard the name of this company, but you, Tuan, gave more than 15 minutes fame for it. I actually learned the name since I follow the happenings.
Your personal "war" do not belong to a professional site, like what you are a director of. You should shame, but more shame on Mr. Free, who has picked you to screw with.
You are right in the aspect of fraudulent merchant, but your unprofessional behavior do not fit on this site. if I were your boss, I would have fired you for this.
Score
November 5, 2009 5:33:06 AM

h2oferkowell, a negative campaign is also a campaign. I have never heard the name of this company, but you, Tuan, gave more than 15 minutes fame for it. I actually learned the name since I follow the happenings.Your personal "war" do not belong to a professional site, like what you are a director of. You should shame, but more shame on Mr. Free, who has picked you to screw with.You are right in the aspect of fraudulent merchant, but your unprofessional behavior do not fit on this site. if I were your boss, I would have fired you for this.

If I were his boss, I'd just make him buy a few rounds for the whole staff for a week. ^_^

I've been using the same fabric/foam pad for 9 years now... and if I can stall it, another 5 years (I absolutely love my pad, to bad the company doesn't exist anymore). I even screwed the corners to my desk.
Why would you want a aluminum mouse pad? Do people actually put their wrist over their mouse pad? I always put my wrist on my pad...
Score
November 5, 2009 9:40:41 PM

hemelskonijnw00t now i can go stalk jane

It's just a joint Twitter account under the Tom's Hardware name.
Score
November 6, 2009 5:10:25 AM

@twu: you joined today, and aren't doing a good job about hiding who you are.

What you are doing is digging a grave sir.
Score
November 8, 2009 10:08:08 PM

Way to violently disturb my dream Jane !
Score
Anonymous
November 9, 2009 8:20:14 AM

Hi Tuan,

I am sofware developer and a huge fan of Tom's Hardware. I see TH available in more than 10 languages. I wish if TH is in Vietnamese also. Just thought. How are your?
Score
November 9, 2009 9:30:11 AM

hemelskonijnWay to violently disturb my dream Jane !

Yeah, that's me ... crusher of dreams, conductor of misery.
Score
November 22, 2009 4:41:22 PM

Tuan, it has been 3 weeks after his said shipping date. Did you get the macpadd?
Score
Anonymous
February 17, 2011 12:05:48 PM

ANYWAY!
follow me on twitter please ill follow back

JoepSte is my twitter name
Score
Anonymous
June 24, 2011 1:30:07 PM

Well, I did order a macpadd and it arrived in time without any issue....really all of this energy over a mouse pad? Sometimes, things do go wrong with orders whether for a big box company or small business.
Score
!