How do I remove icons from my desktop? I want to keep the folders but don't
use them anymore.
--
Cat

Right click on the desktop and click view desktop icons. They will all
disappear.

Cat

Why not simply delete the icons, or move the icons to a folder ?

See also:

HOW TO: Use the Desktop Cleanup Wizard in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306542

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"cwr1ght" <cwr1ght@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove icons from my desktop? I want to keep the folders but
> don't
> use them anymore.
> --
> Cat

Hi Ramesh,

Have you ever notice when using the Desktop Wizard in an account with
Administrative privileges, the wizard will also move the All User's desktop
icons to the Unused Folder which affects every desktop on the system. I
would think when running the wizard in a Limited Account would only move the
Limited user's Desktop Items due to Security Permissions for the All User
Desktop.

I remember a friend of mine was asking about why was his wife's icons
vanishing every couple of months. It took me some time to figure out but
then I soon realize it was the Desktop Wizard moving the All User's icons
into the Unused folder.

--
William

> Cat
>
> Why not simply delete the icons, or move the icons to a folder ?
>
> See also:
>
> HOW TO: Use the Desktop Cleanup Wizard in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306542
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "cwr1ght" <cwr1ght@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I remove icons from my desktop? I want to keep the folders but
>> don't
>> use them anymore.
>> --
>> Cat

Hi William,

Good point! I haven't use this feature yet, and one of the preliminary tasks
for me is to disable this feature after setting up an account :)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ramesh,
>
> Have you ever notice when using the Desktop Wizard in an account with
> Administrative privileges, the wizard will also move the All User's
> desktop icons to the Unused Folder which affects every desktop on the
> system. I would think when running the wizard in a Limited Account would
> only move the Limited user's Desktop Items due to Security Permissions for
> the All User Desktop.
>
> I remember a friend of mine was asking about why was his wife's icons
> vanishing every couple of months. It took me some time to figure out but
> then I soon realize it was the Desktop Wizard moving the All User's icons
> into the Unused folder.
>
> --
> William
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Cat
>>
>> Why not simply delete the icons, or move the icons to a folder ?
>>
>> See also:
>>
>> HOW TO: Use the Desktop Cleanup Wizard in Windows XP:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306542
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "cwr1ght" <cwr1ght@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I remove icons from my desktop? I want to keep the folders but
>>> don't
>>> use them anymore.
>>> --
>>> Cat