keyset does not exist - error 0x80090016

Running XP Home

Scheduled items are not working and when I edit them, or try to create new
scheduled items, I get the error message mentioned in the subject line.

I have searched KB online but can only find information that relates to
Windows2000 for this problem

Thanks for your help

Dick

Many 2000 articles apply to XP.

You receive error message 0x80090016 or error message 0x8009000f when you
try to schedule a task
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246183

Is the Protected Storage service running?

Open Services...
Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
Scroll down to and double click Protected Storage |
General tab | Set Startup type to Automatic | Click Apply |
Click the Start button | When Protected Storage starts, close Services
-----

Scroll down, way past the ads to here...

Comment from robot3367
Date: 02/24/2005 08:50AM PST Author Comment

SOLUTION
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21317289.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uGxjrfKtFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Dick Cardy <ubetrap@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Running XP Home
>
> Scheduled items are not working and when I edit them, or try to create new
> scheduled items, I get the error message mentioned in the subject line.
>
> I have searched KB online but can only find information that relates to
> Windows2000 for this problem
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Dick

Wesley

Thanks for the info, will try the solution tomorrow.

Why is always the most difficult to get to computer, I have 25, that comes
up with "interesting" problems!

Dick

Hi Dick,

I have enough problems, I mean opportunities with just one machine. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23oEusnLtFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,

> Hi Dick,
>
> I have enough problems, I mean opportunities with just one machine. ;-)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Wesley

Thanks for the info, computer fixed.

Hardest computer to get to (distance & opening hours) but hardest computer
to leave (it is in a pub!)

Dick

Dick,

What fixed it?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eY$xLTYtFHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,

> Dick,
>
> What fixed it?
>
> --

The info you gave me a link to. Run in safe mode and delete the security
file.

Dick

Thanks, Dick. :)

--