Linda

I have mcafee suite 6 installed. I can not complete a virus scan lately.
It gets to file c:/windows/drivecachei386/driver.cab, freezes briefly and
then shuts down the computer. Have tried again several times, no luck.
Any suggestions?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Assuming you have missed out a slash, it should be C:\WINDOWS\Driver
Cache\i386. I'm sure you can set the virus scanner to exclude a given
folder, you can try that first to see if you can complete the scan and miss
out the i386 folder.
I don't know why it would crash on that folder you can set the PC not to
reboot on error and that may give you an idea of the error causing the
crash. To do that go to system properties>advanced>startup & recovery and
remove the automatic restart under system failure.

Neil