Sign in with
Your question

Verto™ GeForce4 Ti 4600 Video Card???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 6, 2002 3:40:54 PM

Right now in some CompUSA's they are selling these grapic cards. What are peoples takes on this brand? Why don't I ever see a review for these guys. Should I hold out for a different brand?? Your thoughts please!

o0oSPuNKiEo0o
March 6, 2002 5:02:57 PM

The brand is actually PNY (PNY Technologies) they're more well known as a memory maker, but they make graphics cards too.

The name Verto is just the name of their product line, as in the PNY Verto Geforce4 Ti4600 etc etc. I have not seen a review of this specific card, but if you did a google search you might find one.

----
A newbie is only a newbie for as long as you allow him to be.
-Anonymous Veteran
March 6, 2002 5:54:43 PM

Just bought one, (work at COMP part-time) we only had a shipment of 4 of them come in. And that is low esp for having it in this weeks sales flyer. I made sure to buy it the day it came in. We only have 1 left.

The card rocks, ships with nvidia reference drivers. I was a bit worried about buying a PNY product but they do make lots of RAM.

The board is just a reference board. Works great! Love it.

Only drawback is that the nvidia refresh-rate fix for Win XP and 2000 does not work with the version of the dentnator drivers.

So I am stuck running games at 60HZ refresh. It does look horrible when you were running 85HZ with a G-force-3.

Nice card. Another drawback is that these cards are HUGE. I have the Antec Black Server case and I had to remove my damm hard drives from the bays before I could fit this card in my system.
!