Can different Content Advisor Settings be assigned to each..

I have 4 User Accounts on my PC using Windows XP Home Edition. Users range in
age from child to adult. As the Administrator I thought I should be able to
configure each user account custom settings for Internet use. So far, it
appears it is either all for everyone or nothing for everyone. Sites allowed
on one account becomes a site allowed on all users accounts. If I turn on the
Supervisor Password feature for others, I have to type it in every five
minutes for my own use!

Is there a way to assign each user specific permissions that pertain to each
one respectively?
2 answers Last reply
More about content advisor settings assigned each

    Unfortunately not. Content Adviser settings are global (apply to the whole
    computer). However, there is plenty of third party software that can address
    your needs.

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Gavvy" <Gavvy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have 4 User Accounts on my PC using Windows XP Home Edition. Users range
    in
    > age from child to adult. As the Administrator I thought I should be able
    > configure each user account custom settings for Internet use. So far, it
    > appears it is either all for everyone or nothing for everyone. Sites
    allowed
    > on one account becomes a site allowed on all users accounts. If I turn on
    the
    > Supervisor Password feature for others, I have to type it in every five
    > minutes for my own use!
    >
    > Is there a way to assign each user specific permissions that pertain to
    each
    > one respectively?

    Thanks for the info which saved me from going on a wild goose chase! I've
    never been an "Administrator" before. For some reason finding specific help
    for the Administrator seems to be buried deep in the Help and Support Center
    and hidden within cryptic syntax.

    As for the third party software that's out there for what I want to do...
    can you or anyone offer a recommendation?

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > Unfortunately not. Content Adviser settings are global (apply to the whole
    > computer). However, there is plenty of third party software that can address
    > your needs.
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "Gavvy" <Gavvy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have 4 User Accounts on my PC using Windows XP Home Edition. Users range
    > in
    > > age from child to adult. As the Administrator I thought I should be able
    > > configure each user account custom settings for Internet use. So far, it
    > > appears it is either all for everyone or nothing for everyone. Sites
    > allowed
    > > on one account becomes a site allowed on all users accounts. If I turn on
    > the
    > > Supervisor Password feature for others, I have to type it in every five
    > > minutes for my own use!
    > >
    > > Is there a way to assign each user specific permissions that pertain to
    > each
    > > one respectively?

User Accounts Windows XP