Media Player 10

#When Playing DVD films on Media Player 10 I get no sound but I do get sound
when playing CD's
2 answers Last reply
More about media player

    You could be missing a "codec" which the DVDs seem to need. You can freely
    "download" a mega-pack of most popluar codecs with Google.

    "deegeedoubleu" <deegeedoubleu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > #When Playing DVD films on Media Player 10 I get no sound but I do get
    > sound
    > when playing CD's

    With all due respect to Yves, I would be very cautious about downloading
    codec packs from the internet. A great many of these contain substandard
    software and will cause you more trouble.

    Codecs are available from reputable organizations, such as Microsoft. If you
    are technically inclined, you can download the GSpot tool, which will
    analyze the codecs in your content, so at least you'll know exactly what you
    need.

    The best thing to do is to contact the content provider, and ask them how to
    obtain the necessary codecs for their content.

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > You could be missing a "codec" which the DVDs seem to need. You can
    freely
    > "download" a mega-pack of most popluar codecs with Google.
    >

    > "deegeedoubleu" <deegeedoubleu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > #When Playing DVD films on Media Player 10 I get no sound but I do get
    > > sound
    > > when playing CD's

Support Media Player CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP