Sign in with
Your question

New Matrox Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2002 4:09:12 PM

There's a rumor floating around about a new Matrox high end card at www.matroxusers.com. They're saying it might use eDRAM. It's a pretty interesting read nonetheless, and their forums are alive with talk of it. Any thoughts?

Jack Burton is a great man...

More about : matrox card

March 7, 2002 4:13:26 PM

Is it possible? Can Matrox rise from their destined grave? :wink:

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 7, 2002 8:59:05 PM

Come on AMD, get ur raising the dead maks on- we r going to the great grave of vid card makers, and chanting around matrox:)  Woo! That will be phatness! Imagine if it'll be able to compete/ beat GF4!

Sig of the week.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2002 9:25:25 PM

Wow....two responses. I am thinking Matrox has something up their sleeve, and it's probably something totally new and unheard of. Probably at unheard of prices too...

Jack Burton is a great man...
March 8, 2002 9:38:45 PM

But the question is, do they have the budget to mass release it and market it?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 8, 2002 11:41:56 PM

I wouldn't underestimate Matrox... there a plenty of folks out there dedicated to 2D only work who buy a lot of Matrox cards, and there is revenue coming in from them... maybe, just maybe, Matrox have said "Alrighty then, we're sick of Nvidia dancing in the spotlight, we're going to lift our skirts right here in the shady spot and show the world what we've been hiding." Parhelia could be the hymen waiting to be broken for Matrox...

or not.

-

I plugged my ram into my motherboard, but unplugged it when I smelled cooked mutton.
!