Barts PE not working. Says missing file, why?????

Have a Barts PE CD that a friend made for me with Windows XP with SP2.
Worked fine on my other PC's. Now have 2 new PC's with SATA drives.
Should still work.

However when I boot on both PC's (different brands) I end up getting
an error with Barts PE loading on Bootup stating file
\i386\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be found. Error 256.
It is indeed there on the CD.

Not sure why. Tried to research it and Microsoft talks about Norton (do

not have) and other programs but Bart does not even get that far if it
boots correctly since it is booting mostly off the Bart CD.

Ideas? Driving me insane.

Thanks,
Patty
5 answers Last reply
More about barts working missing file

    Start PE Builder (pebuilder.exe). At the main PE Builder dialog, enter the
    source path to your original Windows XP/2003 Installation/Setup CD. You can
    use the "..." button to navigate. If your Windows XP is not integrated with
    service pack 1 or 2, you must slipstream your files first.
    Please read Slipstreaming files from the help files to do this.
    You will also need to slipstream the SATA drivers in

    peterk

    <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Have a Barts PE CD that a friend made for me with Windows XP with SP2.
    > Worked fine on my other PC's. Now have 2 new PC's with SATA drives.
    > Should still work.
    >

    > However when I boot on both PC's (different brands) I end up getting
    > an error with Barts PE loading on Bootup stating file
    > \i386\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be found. Error 256.
    > It is indeed there on the CD.
    >

    > Not sure why. Tried to research it and Microsoft talks about Norton (do
    >
    > not have) and other programs but Bart does not even get that far if it
    > boots correctly since it is booting mostly off the Bart CD.
    >

    > Ideas? Driving me insane.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Patty

    Had done the above 3 times with 2 CD's that have SP2 on them. Same
    result but thank you.
    Peter

    Had done the above 3 times with 2 CD's that have SP2 on them. Same
    result but thank you.
    Patty

    Sorry my boyfriend typed in the reply. I had to hit him in the head for
    not signing my name.
    Patty

    I am not talking about SP2 ...I was talking about the drivers that should
    have come with your motherboard.The ones that needed to be installed during
    the XP installation process.On my ASUS mobo I need to load the SiliconeImage
    SATA drivers during the XP install.These drivers need to be part of the
    slipstreamed package that you make to use in Barts CD.
    What motherboard and which chipset are you using??? specifically for the
    SATA HD??

    > Sorry my boyfriend typed in the reply. I had to hit him in the head for
    > not signing my name.
    > Patty

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP