XPS Gen 5 diagnostic lights..??

Does anyone that has a Gen 5 desktop look and tell me if the
diagnostic lights stay on after bootup..??
4 answers Last reply
More about diagnostic lights

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:00:54 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,
    deltasixxeleven@verizon.net wrote:

    > Does anyone that has a Gen 5 desktop look and tell me if the
    >diagnostic lights stay on after bootup..??

    Hmmm....

    Looking three inches to the left of your message: mine don't! :)

    You might want to take a look at the 'Diagnostic Lights' topic in your
    Owner's Manual; that explains the different combinations and when they're
    lit.

    --
    Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

    "Natural laws have no pity." R.A.H.

    >Hmmm....
    >
    >Looking three inches to the left of your message: mine don't! :)
    >
    >You might want to take a look at the 'Diagnostic Lights' topic in your
    >Owner's Manual; that explains the different combinations and when they're
    >lit.

    I have...It is not very specific about how long they are lit..It
    gives the impression that they stay lit (green) if all ok, then the
    various "patterns" if not...

    Thanks !!

    I don't know about the XPS Gen5, but

    I have a Gen3 and a Gen4. The diagnostic lights come on at bootup and Stay
    On.

    mudrat

    <deltasixxeleven@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > Does anyone that has a Gen 5 desktop look and tell me if the
    > diagnostic lights stay on after bootup..??

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:51:30 -0500, "oldmudrat"
    <rat@<nospamallowed>nomail.com> wrote:

    >I don't know about the XPS Gen5, but
    >
    >I have a Gen3 and a Gen4. The diagnostic lights come on at bootup and Stay
    >On.
    >

    >mudrat

    Thanks..I guess Ill play the put on hold game with Dell..!!

Dell XPS Light Desktops Computers