Where do I find a missing file requested at start up?

Hi
After a day cleaning up preloaded software that came with my new PC, at
Startup I am requested to insert a CD or direct Windows to the location of
'PhotoGallery'.
How do I find which program this file is related to so i can fix it/
Cheers
Des
3 answers Last reply
More about where find missing file requested start

    If you go in the registry to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunOnce/
    you can delete the value for msconfig after you make your msconfig
    changes and that message will not come up.

    Des, go to Start>Run type msconfig click Ok and select Startup. Look
    there for an entry for Photo Gallery and uncheck it. Restart and you will
    get a message stating that you messed with the Startup. Check the box in the
    lower left corner to stop
    the message from reappearing.

    "djC" <djC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > After a day cleaning up preloaded software that came with my new PC, at
    > Startup I am requested to insert a CD or direct Windows to the location of
    > 'PhotoGallery'.
    > How do I find which program this file is related to so i can fix it/
    > Cheers
    > Des

    Thanks
    While the offending file still didn't jump out, it didn't take long to track
    it down using your method.
    Problem solved

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Des, go to Start>Run type msconfig click Ok and select Startup. Look
    > there for an entry for Photo Gallery and uncheck it. Restart and you will
    > get a message stating that you messed with the Startup. Check the box in the
    > lower left corner to stop
    > the message from reappearing.
    >

    > "djC" <djC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > After a day cleaning up preloaded software that came with my new PC, at
    > > Startup I am requested to insert a CD or direct Windows to the location of
    > > 'PhotoGallery'.
    > > How do I find which program this file is related to so i can fix it/
    > > Cheers
    > > Des

Microsoft Windows XP