GF4 Ti 4600 looks like S*$#T!

MaDnEsS

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
HHEELLPP. I spent $430. And it looks terrible. It came with driver version " 4.13.01.2742 " is that old or new?? It doesnt like " 23.11 " which I had on my GF3. ???? Whats up with these drivers? Im an experience gamer so I uninstalled the previous drivers properly and all that. So im stumped ?

Athlon XP 1.7 @ 1602 ghz
"Having to take anger management classes makes me angry" Tommy Lee

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
More info please. What problems are you having exactly? Which card did you have before?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

MaDnEsS

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
I rplace a Extasy 6964 GF3 ti 500 with a Verto GF4 ti 4600.
I get A LOT of jaggies on the default gf4 settings. A lot more than the 3 gave me. When i try to install the latest nvidia drivers 2311. I get this error.. " Did not find PCI.ID in NVAML.INF terminating driver update. " Whats that????

Athlon XP 1.7 @ 1602 ghz

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I don't think the 23.11 drivers are compatible with the GF4. It may be a bug with the current nVidia driver or it maybe that there's some kind of conflict. What OS are you using?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

MaDnEsS

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
Ive got ME. I just installed driver 2770. It was recommended at some other sites as to being the best for gf4. but it still looks crappy. jaggy. I have to put it on quincunx 3x antialiasing and 2x anisotropic to keep the jaggies out. JUST LIKE the gf3 ?? What gives. Power supply maybe? 350 is what i got

Athlon XP 1.7 @ 1602 ghz

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The GF4 image quality wasn't that much better than the GF3. If you're talking about things that AA is supposed to fix, the GF4's big advantage is that it is powerfull enough to do that at the High Resolutions and in today's intense games.

Do make sure you are running at a higher resolution. 1024x768 and above will help get rid of some jagged lines due to the res increase.

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
um, did u make sure your games aren't set back to standard res b/c new vid card? Also, by jaggies u mean only in games, ie what it looks like when teh res is too lo and there's no AA? The 23.11 don't have the gf4 extensions, so that's no surprise. If u don't want it, feel free to send it to me to check out and keep...I pay shipping:)

Sig of the week.

eden

Champion
I want the damn 27.42s to be out already on Nvidia's website!!
I need MORE performance and more stability!

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

MaDnEsS

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
What brand GF4 ti 4600 fits the Epox 8kha+ ??????

Athlon XP 1.7 @ 1602 ghz

tankaholic

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I think its funny how when the Radeon 8500 first came out with a few drivers problems, the Trollies came out in full force. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, we dont see people writing NVidia off the face of the map. Just goes to show you where the maturity lies in this forum.

Have patiance Eden, the drivers will come...

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
LOL...he's asking for help and getting it then along comes the troll. STFU - go post it in another thread tard.

Anyone else out there having the same problem?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Any brand should do.

Please post the following information.

What Resolution are you running your games on when you notice the Jaggyness? What AA are you running it on? What games are you having these problems on?

Also, you might want to clock down to normal CPU speeds while you test the card out, then OC your system again. You've changed components, and that could cause stability and other issues.

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think its funny how when the Radeon 8500 first came out with a few drivers problems, the Trollies came out in full force. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, we dont see people writing NVidia off the face of the map. Just goes to show you where the maturity lies in this forum.
Thanks for your opinion, but this is a user error case. He is obviously doing something wrong, the fact he says he is a "serious gamer" doesn't mean he knows how to uninstall/install drivers. Being staff at a lan party I come across many awesome gamers that can't do crap with their PCs no matter what they think they know. These "jaggies" he is talking about is probably that he is running in a low resolution, with quality turned down, and probably 60 hrtz refresh rate.
Even now its possible to go and install bad drivers for the 8500, nvidia has had an excelent track record, one hicup is nothing to scoff at, but constant hicups *cough* ati *cough* is just not acceptable.
I have to give them credit though they are doing better than before. (about time)

"Why can't I be the man? I mean, I DO have harmony balls..." -epoth