deletion of read only file that wont delete

i have tried to go into properites and clicked on read only icon then i go
into sub folders i click apply and when i celete my computer hardware and
software folder it goes back to read only and i get a access denied and file
protected and make sure file is not being used messege Ive tried safe mode
and it doesnt work

sammy
5 answers Last reply
More about deletion read file wont delete

    i tried both and file could not be deleted thank you for trying
    sammy

    "Smmy" wrote:

    > i have tried to go into properites and clicked on read only icon then i go
    > into sub folders i click apply and when i celete my computer hardware and
    > software folder it goes back to read only and i get a access denied and file
    > protected and make sure file is not being used messege Ive tried safe mode
    > and it doesnt work
    >
    > sammy

    Install this program called unlocker after it is installed then right click
    the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked then
    a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file or folder.
    Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker171.exe If that does not work then
    try Killbox http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    In article <rI3Ue.4444$wk6.2799@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Install this program called unlocker after it is installed then right click
    > the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked then
    > a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file or folder.
    > Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker171.exe If that does not work then
    > try Killbox http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

    Only download files from Trusted Sites.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Stop replying to my posts. If you want the op to know something respond to
    them not me. Stalker.

    > In article <rI3Ue.4444$wk6.2799@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> Install this program called unlocker after it is installed then right
    >> click
    >> the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked
    >> then
    >> a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file or folder.
    >> Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
    >> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker171.exe If that does not work
    >> then
    >> try Killbox http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip
    >
    > Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    > of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    > or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    > direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    > place to download their application.
    >
    > If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:
    >
    > Only download files from Trusted Sites.
    >

    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    Use the delete on reboot option.

    >i tried both and file could not be deleted thank you for trying
    > sammy
    >
    > "Smmy" wrote:
    >
    >> i have tried to go into properites and clicked on read only icon then i
    >> go
    >> into sub folders i click apply and when i celete my computer hardware and
    >> software folder it goes back to read only and i get a access denied and
    >> file
    >> protected and make sure file is not being used messege Ive tried safe
    >> mode
    >> and it doesnt work
    >>
    >> sammy

Read Only Windows XP