Desktop and Quicklaunch IE Icons Open Different Windows

When I have a window opened but minimized and want to open a new window,
clicking on Quicklaunch icon opens a new window, but double clicking on
Desktop icon Restores minimized window and goes to my IE homepage. I don't
want it to do that. There should not be a difference in effect, but there
is. How can I make desktop icon open a new window like the quicklaunch icon
does? Thanks.
--
Ima Embeth Hill
1 answer Last reply

    Ima,

    See:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241911

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ima Embeth Hill" <ImaEmbethHill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I have a window opened but minimized and want to open a new window,
    > clicking on Quicklaunch icon opens a new window, but double clicking on
    > Desktop icon Restores minimized window and goes to my IE homepage. I
    > don't
    > want it to do that. There should not be a difference in effect, but there
    > is. How can I make desktop icon open a new window like the quicklaunch
    > icon
    > does? Thanks.
    > --
    > Ima Embeth Hill

Internet Explorer Desktops Icons Windows XP