Firewall denying access?

September 9, 2005 12:13:02 AM

I cannot proceed to a county mapping page by using a link. Can this be
because of the firewall in XP SP2? How can I turn off the firewall to check
to see if it is interferring? Thanks!
--
Sandy P
Anonymous

In article <2D22CC81-11F9-435B-BC66-F8CF31C721EF@microsoft.com>,
SandyP@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I cannot proceed to a county mapping page by using a link. Can this be
> because of the firewall in XP SP2? How can I turn off the firewall to check
> to see if it is interferring? Thanks!

If you have DSL or Cable, do not turn it off.

If you are using IE, try adding the county site to your IE Trusted
security zone and see if that fixes it.

You should also download FireFox (www.mozilla.com) and try it as a
browser for most websites.

--