1.What software do I use to transfer large files onto a DVD CD?
2. Do I use the DVD drawer to do it or the CD Rewrite drawer?

Thank you.

1. Most cd/dvd writers will have come with software to burn cds/dvds. My pc
came with "Roxio", but I prefer Nero. Use whatever it came with, or get a
copy of Nero.

2. It depends what your drives are. If your DVD drive is also a dvd writer
then it will probably write both dvds and cds, so you can use it. If its
only a dvd reader then you'll have to use your cd rewriter - which of course
means you won't be able to write dvds because its a CD rewriter.

Hope this helps.

Brian.
--
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
message news:uYVaftStFHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> 1.What software do I use to transfer large files onto a DVD CD?
> 2. Do I use the DVD drawer to do it or the CD Rewrite drawer?
>
> Thank you.

Jim

"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
message news:uYVaftStFHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> 1.What software do I use to transfer large files onto a DVD CD?
I use EasyCD Creator.
> 2. Do I use the DVD drawer to do it or the CD Rewrite drawer?
Unless the DVD drawer is part of a DVD+/-RW drive, you cannot write DVDs.
You can only write CD-R or CD-RW in the CD Rewrite drawer.
That, if I understand your configuration correctly.
Jim

> Thank you.

If you don't already have your hardware, definitely consider getting a
DVD-RAM drive instead of a DVD-R or DVD-RW. It is vastly more useful. At
4.7 GB, it functions as a small hard drive or an immense floppy disk.

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
> message news:uYVaftStFHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> 1.What software do I use to transfer large files onto a DVD CD?
> I use EasyCD Creator.
>> 2. Do I use the DVD drawer to do it or the CD Rewrite drawer?
> Unless the DVD drawer is part of a DVD+/-RW drive, you cannot write DVDs.
> You can only write CD-R or CD-RW in the CD Rewrite drawer.
> That, if I understand your configuration correctly.
> Jim
>>
>> Thank you.

A DVD-RW does the same thing as DVD RAM and is cheaper.
DVD-RAM was a niche market at best. No use spending money on something that
won't be around in a year...

Bobby