Graphics card fan clicking

G

I have had a geforce 3 ti200 in my computer pretty much since they came out, and have had it in my puter with a 1.4Ghz athlon. Until recently this wouldn't have bugged me, but I purchased a zalman silent fan to replace my very noisy thermoengine.
The white noise from my puter was seriously cut. Unforuntaly i can now here that the fan on my graphics card is making a very auidiable noise. Its a clicking sound of sorts, and gets very annoying. I have tried rebalancing the fan but it still makes the noise.
I was wondering how effective the fan actually is, and could i get away with simply disconnecting its power supply. I have a large exahust fan below it which reduces the temperature of the GPU by at least 10 degrees (c). Would this be enough cooling? (the card isn't OC'd btw)
If I couldn't get away without the fan, is there anywhere that sells replacement fans for Asus cards?
TIA
John

If God didn't want us to eat animals then why did he make them out of meat?!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I would not recommend no fan on that card you can easily replace the stock hsf with a crystal orb or a blue orb from themaltake or a chipset hsf from other suppliers
lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>