Error 7011 , timeout

I am trying to figure out why windows hangs at shutdown when it displays
"shutting down" . I have seen in my event viewer that during that process I
am getting an Error 7011 and my (wuauserv , shared access) services are not
getting a response . Im assuming this is what is causing the hang . But where
to go from here I dont know . Help and support says make sure these processes
are configured correctly . I dont know where to go to configure them ? Or how
to configure them ? Or even really what they are ? Can anyone help ?
6 answers Last reply
More about error 7011 timeout

    Can you post a copy of the error message from Event Viewer?

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    Event Viewer.
    When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    ID, Source
    and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    click on the
    error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    resembling two
    pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    message
    (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    info from the
    Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    sure this is
    the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

    > Can you post a copy of the error message from Event Viewer?
    >
    > You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    > Event Viewer.
    > When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    > ID, Source
    > and Description are important.
    >
    > HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp
    >
    > A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    > click on the
    > error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    > resembling two
    > pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    > message
    > (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    > info from the
    > Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    > sure this is
    > the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.
    >

    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

    > "fvfp 05" <fvfp 05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to figure out why windows hangs at shutdown when it
    > >displays
    > > "shutting down" . I have seen in my event viewer that during that
    > > process I
    > > am getting an Error 7011 and my (wuauserv , shared access) services
    > > are not
    > > getting a response . Im assuming this is what is causing the hang .
    > > But where
    > > to go from here I dont know . Help and support says make sure these
    > > processes
    > > are configured correctly . I dont know where to go to configure them ?
    > > Or how
    > > to configure them ? Or even really what they are ? Can anyone help ?

    Gerry , here is the copy of the error ?
    > Event Type: Error
    Event Source: W32Time
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 29
    Date: 9/8/2005
    Time: 7:45:34 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MATTINGL-BTBAXD
    The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more
    time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No
    attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no
    source of accurate time.

    See if the information in this link helps:
    http://snipurl.com/hk5s

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> [...]
    > >>
    > >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > >>

    > >> "fvfp 05" <fvfp 05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>

    > > Gerry , here is the copy of the error ?
    > >> Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: W32Time
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 29
    > > Date: 9/8/2005
    > > Time: 7:45:34 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: MATTINGL-BTBAXD
    > > The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or
    > > more
    > > time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible.
    > > No
    > > attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has
    > > no
    > > source of accurate time.

    > Gerry , sorry that was the wrong error , this is the right one.
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7011
    Date: 9/8/2005
    Time: 7:38:40 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MATTINGL-BTBAXD
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the
    SharedAccess service.

    The link, which follows gives information about the error but it may be
    difficult to develop it to a solution.

    Is the windows auto update service working. Have you gone to the update
    site and checked to see whether all critical updates are installed
    correctly?

    Start, Help & Support, Keep your computer up to date with Windows
    Update, Review your Update History.

    Are you using the original Windows XP or have you progressed to SP1 and
    or SP2?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry , sorry that was the wrong error , this is the right one.
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 7011
    > Date: 9/8/2005
    > Time: 7:38:40 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: MATTINGL-BTBAXD
    > Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from
    > the
    > SharedAccess service.

    No , my windows update service is not working correctly , in fact thats one
    of the errors that I get that wuauserv does not get a response . That was my
    initial problem that caused me to look further . I was e-mailing a tech at
    microsoft and they had me do different things . But none of them worked .
    They had me go into safe mode for something and they wanted me to rename some
    update folder to sdold and said that it would reconfigure itself . It was
    never resolved .Because anytime I click any link , anywhere that has anything
    to do with windows update , the open page freezes and I have to use task
    manager to close it . I did update to SP2 during the troubleshooting . Do you
    have any idea how to correct the problem with update ? Did renaming that
    folder to sdold mess it up ? Thanks for all your help

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

    > The link, which follows gives information about the error but it may be
    > difficult to develop it to a solution.
    >
    > Is the windows auto update service working. Have you gone to the update
    > site and checked to see whether all critical updates are installed
    > correctly?
    >
    > Start, Help & Support, Keep your computer up to date with Windows
    > Update, Review your Update History.
    >
    > Are you using the original Windows XP or have you progressed to SP1 and
    > or SP2?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

    > "fvfp 05" <fvfp05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    > Gerry , sorry that was the wrong error , this is the right one.
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7011
    > > Date: 9/8/2005
    > > Time: 7:38:40 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: MATTINGL-BTBAXD
    > > Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from
    > > the
    > > SharedAccess service.

Support Configuration Windows XP