Return from Screen Saver Doesn't Prompt for Password

After the screen saver (standard Windows - not aftermarket) is running and I
stop it by moving the mouse or hitting a key, the logon window does not
appear prompting me to enter my password even though the "On Resume, Password
Protect" box on the screen saver tab is checked. (I know that if you catch
the screen saver right after it begins running, it will not bring up the
logon window - this is after it has ran several minutes.) The only way to
get the logon window to appear after the screen saver has started running
again is to change a setting on the screen saver tab (such as uncheck the "On
Resume..." box), apply the changes and then recheck the box and apply the
changes. It will function correctly a few more times and then stop prompting
for the logon password again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is the Screen Saver coming on by itself or *you* turning it on?

Screen Saver Is Not Password Protected If Started Manually
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228160

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A44C99A2-426A-488B-AACF-9957B7BB4FC1@microsoft.com,
Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> After the screen saver (standard Windows - not aftermarket) is running
> and I stop it by moving the mouse or hitting a key, the logon window does
> not appear prompting me to enter my password even though the "On Resume,
> Password Protect" box on the screen saver tab is checked. (I know that
> if you catch the screen saver right after it begins running, it will not
> bring up the logon window - this is after it has ran several minutes.)
> The only way to get the logon window to appear after the screen saver has
> started running again is to change a setting on the screen saver tab
> (such as uncheck the "On Resume..." box), apply the changes and then
> recheck the box and apply the changes. It will function correctly a few
> more times and then stop prompting for the logon password again. Any
> help is greatly appreciated.

The screen saver starts running as it is supposed to. I have it set to 10
minutes, so after 10 minutes of non-activity, it comes on normally.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Is the Screen Saver coming on by itself or *you* turning it on?
>
> Screen Saver Is Not Password Protected If Started Manually
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228160
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:A44C99A2-426A-488B-AACF-9957B7BB4FC1@microsoft.com,
> Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > After the screen saver (standard Windows - not aftermarket) is running
> > and I stop it by moving the mouse or hitting a key, the logon window does
> > not appear prompting me to enter my password even though the "On Resume,
> > Password Protect" box on the screen saver tab is checked. (I know that
> > if you catch the screen saver right after it begins running, it will not
> > bring up the logon window - this is after it has ran several minutes.)
> > The only way to get the logon window to appear after the screen saver has
> > started running again is to change a setting on the screen saver tab
> > (such as uncheck the "On Resume..." box), apply the changes and then
> > recheck the box and apply the changes. It will function correctly a few
> > more times and then stop prompting for the logon password again. Any
> > help is greatly appreciated.

*bump*