Can't access new accounts in control panel anymore

September 9, 2005 12:57:04 PM

I can't use the user accounts in control panel anymore, I can use all the
other option except that one. It turns out that the nusrmgr.cpl file is
missing, but I've found it but don't know how to fix the problem so if anyone
has any tips then thanks in advance!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:04:13 PM

nusrmgr.cpl = Windows User Manager = Users Accounts

nusrmgr.cpl should be in both of these folders...
C:\WINDOWS\system32
and
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

Copy and/or move the nusrmgr.cpl you found to one or both folders.

Control Panel uses the one from C:\WINDOWS\system32.

This will also open it....
Start | Run | Type: control userpasswords | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1E758F35-C304-42A5-9DAB-B1CD69E31D07@microsoft.com,
meg <meg@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I can't use the user accounts in control panel anymore, I can use all the
> other option except that one. It turns out that the nusrmgr.cpl file is
> missing, but I've found it but don't know how to fix the problem so if
> anyone has any tips then thanks in advance!
September 10, 2005 4:23:01 PM

Well, I did exactly what you said and now instead of a message saying
nusrmgr.cpl is missing, I can click on the user accounts section and it seems
as if something will happen but it doesn't. Not sure whats gone wrong. Any
more ideas?

!