Can't access new accounts in control panel anymore

I can't use the user accounts in control panel anymore, I can use all the
other option except that one. It turns out that the nusrmgr.cpl file is
missing, but I've found it but don't know how to fix the problem so if anyone
has any tips then thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about access accounts control panel anymore

    nusrmgr.cpl = Windows User Manager = Users Accounts

    nusrmgr.cpl should be in both of these folders...
    C:\WINDOWS\system32
    and
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

    Copy and/or move the nusrmgr.cpl you found to one or both folders.

    Control Panel uses the one from C:\WINDOWS\system32.

    This will also open it....
    Start | Run | Type: control userpasswords | Click OK

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1E758F35-C304-42A5-9DAB-B1CD69E31D07@microsoft.com,
    meg <meg@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I can't use the user accounts in control panel anymore, I can use all the
    > other option except that one. It turns out that the nusrmgr.cpl file is
    > missing, but I've found it but don't know how to fix the problem so if
    > anyone has any tips then thanks in advance!

    Well, I did exactly what you said and now instead of a message saying
    nusrmgr.cpl is missing, I can click on the user accounts section and it seems
    as if something will happen but it doesn't. Not sure whats gone wrong. Any
    more ideas?

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > nusrmgr.cpl = Windows User Manager = Users Accounts
    >
    > nusrmgr.cpl should be in both of these folders...
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32
    > and
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
    >
    > Copy and/or move the nusrmgr.cpl you found to one or both folders.
    >
    > Control Panel uses the one from C:\WINDOWS\system32.
    >
    > This will also open it....
    > Start | Run | Type: control userpasswords | Click OK
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:1E758F35-C304-42A5-9DAB-B1CD69E31D07@microsoft.com,
    > meg <meg@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I can't use the user accounts in control panel anymore, I can use all the
    > > other option except that one. It turns out that the nusrmgr.cpl file is
    > > missing, but I've found it but don't know how to fix the problem so if
    > > anyone has any tips then thanks in advance!

Control Panel Support Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP